Mallory Park 30th Sept

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Muffking, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Muffking

Muffking God Like

£119 on a Sunday with No Limits
    Gone for Advanced group.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Would love to, but getting a bit cold now for me and TD's, we had loads of Red flags at Donington on Tues (dull and 14c) people just kept dumping it, they must have got to used to that hot summer track we just had lol, first I heard of all groups being called back halfway through the day to a pit briefing about "Slow down - its cold"! I still managed a 1.49 later though lol, but not fun when cold and they say 11c that Sunday.

I need some of those Spanish track days I reckon... these old bones need the warmth lol...

enjoy though mate :D hopefully we can do a few next year, managed 9 this year I think.... so roll on a warm/dry 2019 :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Good times there, especially for the low temp.
    I've got the 2 booked for Sept/Oct, but I need one more to get my NL loyalty voucher. So I will book one more at the colder time of year, that way if the weather is sh1te then I don't lose out as the voucher would cover the cost of the track day anyway.

I'm also planning a trip to one of the Moto GP races later in the year. I've not decided where yet, but hopefully somewhere warm, a bit of winter sun. Probably gonna fly there though, so the bikes will stay at home.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

@Muffking I was talking with someone who recommended Valencia. Easy public transport to/from the track and apparently you can normally attend the testing on the Monday as well.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Thanks. I'll look up the dates.

6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Well this was our little setup. managed to get a garage, which was handy as it rained just before lunch.
    2 CB500's, a Gixxer & my RR6.
    Almost didn't make it back in one piece though as I got forced wide during an overtake and braked hard & late, causing the bike to do an endo. I just got off the brake in time, but the back landed with one hell of a wobble and I didn't make the turn. Thank god for run off areas at the end of long straights :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Glad you okay after off track excursion ;) my track days are done for 2018 now, would like to try some euro ones at some point, just seeing how Brexit goes first ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Here's me playing with one of the ex racers on a CB500 that I went with. Skip to around 30sec.

• Like Like x 1