manx classic tt

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by raphael, Jun 30, 2017.

1. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Hi,
    i'm looking into going to the classic tt in august and at the moment into the cost, has anyone been and have any tip's? is riding over a lot of the experience? the ferry looks expensive compared to flying and being a small place is it worth it?
    any advice welcome
    cheer's

2. Millsp1

Millsp1 Active Member

Think you might struggle with ferry's & accommodation , Been a couple of times & it's a bit more sedate than the TT & no speed limits on the mountain.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I moved my main tt ferry ticket online to the classic only last month & a friend who's coming got theirs only 3 wks ago. If you check the SteamP site each morning unwanted tickets filter back in all the time. You'll have to pay full whack tho...about £247 roughly. However, the standard tickets have a decent cancellation refund plus you can keep changing the ferry dates on them to suit you, I've changed my original ticket 3 times now.
    There's also lot's of homestay still available if you check that. I'm booking the homestay in the next week & getting self catering.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Well I've had a cracking time over at the manx classic. Not been to it before & it's been more enjoyable in a lot of ways than the main tt. So much so that I can see me making a yearly pilgrimage. Much quieter, so the roads have been a joy to blast around. Really lovely to see & hear the classic bikes tearing around the circuit & some right characters to talk to.
    I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of going over. Blessed with good weather too :)

20170830_131943_2885-1.jpg 20170829_121604_5146.jpg 20170829_121604_3920.jpg 20170830_121132-1-1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. rebel

rebel Active Member

went to the manx last year preferred it to the tt might be a age thing lol. Just remember if your going for a blast over the mountain it's two way traffic not one way like the tt.

6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Yep I think there was an accident earlier in the week because someone forgot it was 2 ways. However we went over the mountain numerous times during our stay & it was a pleasure to ride. Hardly saw any crazy behaviour at all.