mapping

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by jamie meads, Dec 8, 2015.

1. jamie meads

jamie meads New Member

My bikes booked in to have the qs and pc5 set up next week. ust wondering what the average bhp for a 2012+ blade was after a map then i can see if he has done a good job or not lol.

mine has,
    slip on decat yoshi
    pipercross airfilter
    pair system removed

2. pete954

pete954 Active Member

You should get somewhere close to 170 BHP at the wheel. Rideabality, clean throttle response and a nice linear power curve will be more noticeable though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Punisher5964

Punisher5964 Active Member

Mine has a Yoshi de-cat and a PC5 for engine mods and I got 165bhp at the wheel which I think (some may correct me) is more than enough for the road, with the QS it pulls like a train and I'm constantly braking.

4. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Agreed... had mine done a couple times... between 169bhp and 174bhp @ rear wheel

5. Wayne_R

Wayne_R Active Member

Sounds encouraging. I will be taking mine in for a PC5 set up in the new year. Currently hunts on idle and feels a little flat at the low end. I'm wondering if the mixture is a little too lean.

6. casey

casey New Member

Ive also recently fitted a full Akrapovic system including headers, PCV & Quickshifter and will be getting it mapped next week hopefully. There is a very reputable mappers near me (OTC Dyno) who will be doing the work. I'm still running on the standard filter though, is it worth changing the filter to an aftermarket one or will the filt r not make much difference. My bike is a 2015 blade.

7. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

It won't make any difference, unless you use a race filter but that comes at the expense of less filtration.

8. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

I saw 158hp at the wheel on mine when it was dyno'd, though that is with a PC5 and the road legal Akra (with cat in the link pipe) and baffle in.

So you mean to say I could see an extra 10hp by doing away with the cat and baffle? :)

9. Punisher5964

Punisher5964 Active Member

Depending whos mapping it yes. mine has decat Yoshi and PCV and i got 165bhp.

10. jamie meads

jamie meads New Member

I haven't had mine done yet. Decided to go all out and treat myself to a full arrow system. So rebooked for 1st of Feb with hm racing [emoji106].