Marquez Treatment Harsh?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

danny-oh-no.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

He was a bit out of order, if you ask me. If you're going to put passes on people they need to be clean. Fair enough, accidents do happen but it's not OK to use other riders and their bikes like a motorcross berm.

It seemed to me like he could've taken just a little longer to pass Espargaro and Rossi and done it without the physicality. Both occasions could've resulted in leg injuries and when that's happening twice in a race in virtually identical 'accidents' it does point to the fact that Marquez does just need to take a breath and calm down.

That having been said I think it's a bit rich for Rossi to start acting like he's whiter-than-white. As people have already said, smacking Max Biaggi with your helmet, punting Sete Gibernau off the track and deliberately running Marquez to the outside of the track for a crash doesn't exactly validate your credentials as being basically Mother Theresa in leathers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Nah me personally I'm not that patriotic where motorcycle racing is concerned and I can't speak for everyone on the forum or Britain for that matter but i don't believe everyone wanted Crutchlow to win just because he is British and on a Honda o_O

I really don't care where he's from or what he rides.......
    Zarco has been in the thick of it for most of last season and the beginning of this season and was surely deserved to take that win!

Can't take anything away from Cal though he rode a great race. :)

4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

No not me, I was all for "Cal" winning :D can't have a frenchie beating a Brit, Lord Nelson would be turning in his grave :eek::D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

In my opinion he was desparate & reckless (a surprise after last year when he was more composed!)

On ythe first instance, he should have been pulled back to the pit lane after his antics on the starting grid.

No matter how much faster you are than the competitors in front of you, you brain (if you have any) would acknowledge this and you pass them with a clear plan & execution.

Despite all the safetly net the riders have, this is still a high speed sport with only two wheels and you don't go crashing & bumping off competotors out.. It is not an old banger racing!
    Maybe some viewers want to see a boxing match with accident & preferably some blood spilt.:D

What's happened to finess and intelligent racing?????????:rolleyes:

PS despite having great respect & admiration for 46, I cheer the most competant rider of the day:)

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hmm, but we're getting close:

MM93.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

Love those thing! They can jolt your brain (guess this is where I lost mine:(

• Funny Funny x 1