Matt black to SP woop woop

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by gary1966, Feb 5, 2018.

1. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Ha ha I am the same I keep thinking about putting the standard exhaust back on as my akrapovic is loud and does not have the option of a baffle :-(

• Like Like x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bleedin' heck, you guys. You'll be joining lawn bowls clubs next and going to mid-morning Bingo sessions.:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Ha ha now you come to mention it I might give it a go, seriously my exhaust is too loud even mates behind me complaining that they can’t hear there bikes, the bike looks the part with it fitted but just too loud if your going through a slow bit of town/villagexand there houses either side you can feel the bounce off the houses ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  4. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Gary are you good for 1030? Ethel and Doreen have challenged us to best of three bowls followed by tea and fairy cake.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Should be,I love cake
    I live 300 yrds from our village bowls green/club ha ha

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Intereting all this chat about noise, got me thinking do any of you ride with earplugs?

I always ride with mine, perhaps thats why I am more tolerant of the Racefit noise.

These... http://www.howardleight.com/earplugs/laser-lite ...look like th eold Rhubarb & Custard sweets, don't taste the same though :confused:

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I know what you mean. My Yoshi is loud, but other bikes are standard. But running the MV through those enclosed villages is magnificent - even with standard exhaust. they really have a sound of their own. It is reported that Giovanni Agusta employed a pipe organ expert to tune the F4 pipes. Sounds outlandish, but not beyond what I have come to learn about the MV marque.

The RR4 - 5 has a nice note also. It might be @Gravel trap who has a RR6 or 7 with standard exhaust but with 'internal refinements'. I imagine that would sound magnificent also.

I'd better go so that you can change into your 'whites'.:D

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bleedin' heck, Hitch. Earplugs?

How the heck would you know when to change gears?

9. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I have them but mostly forget to put them in get old ha ha

10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Not cheap but I have a pair of the moulded plugs with speakers from here https://www.ultimateear.com/

Got them at the NEC so had free moulds taken and got a discount for being a previous customer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. hitch

hitch Elite Member

They don't silence the outside world completely, just take the edge off.
    As for gearchanges...I just wait 'til the white lights are flashing at me on the dash ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

My rr4 has a gpr on it and its a bit loud. I was a bit late leaving for work this morning it was 7.25 I normally leave at 7.10. The sweet old lady next door was walking past with her dog and said cue strong yorkshire accent. errer lovevwhats the doing . Yous my alarm and happen me n dog late for his mornings toilets tho knows.i apologised and she laughed and said don' worry we love hearing the bike. Her husband told me when he saw bikes when we moved in they used to do tt each year in 50s and 60s.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3