Metzelers M7 RR and 55 profile fitted!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Hedges, Jul 19, 2016.

1. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

Some helpful info on this thread as I'm about to change tyres. Been thinking about Metz racetec RR in the K3 road compound, saw a fast bikes vid where they did a trip to the ring, around and back.
    Either that or the M7s...though the S21 are a bit cheaper for me.
    Anyone used the K3 ?
    It's for road, dry miles. Looking for grip and confidence !
    Thanks..

2. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Not exactly Blade weight or power but I fitted a set on the Street R following a lot of advice on their forum from guys who love them. I have to say they are an immense tyre if a little slower or more neutral steering than the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas which came off it. Got caught in the rain a few times too and the DRC's were woeful!

Anyone interested get onto Motoblous website and in 120/70 - 180/55 size they were £174 odds delivered for the pair. Not sure on the price for 190 though. I was running 32/34 too instead of the manufacturers 36/42.

3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Im going from m7 to k3's. No particular reason other than a mate got a set on his new bike but uses a 200 rear so i took them off him.

4. beckylou

beckylou New Member

I had a mid corner two wheel slide on a hire stripple because of these tyres in the wet - thankfully somehow the tyres gripped again and I didn't lowside, but scared the **** out of me.
    My previous bike (same as hire bike) had BT023 wet grip was awesome - I forgot the hire bike didn't have good tyres and DRCs just slide like crazy in the wet; really can't understand why manufacturers put these on road bikes in the UK - dangerous as hell.

I'll be going for Battlax T30 EVO on my blade when when my front tyre is done.

#24 beckylou, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

okay here's my experience of a few tyres i've used lately
    starting with the metzeler K3's these aren't dual compound so wear very quickly and square off if just for road use, canvas showing after 890 miles !!!! good grip tho excellent in the dry worked ok in the wet but not fantastic.
    metzeler M7RR's very very good tyre no moments wet or dry and staying round 4K on the rear and still 3mm to go.
    bridgestone 023 good in the dry not sure about the wet tho they can spin up a bit !! but ok, would I have them again after 3k and illegal...No.
    Michelin PR4's after now running the M7RR's I realise the PR4's aren't as good in the dry however if you commute and get caught in the rain then the PR4's are THE best tyre and Maz got 8k out of her rear , I only managed 6.5k but impressive mileage all the same.

That said my 1991 GSXR 750M had Michelin A59 & M59's fitted one of the first radial motorcycle tyres and trust me every tyre made or reviewed since them f@@kers where made are brilliant, so any young guns out there count yourselves very lucky !!!!!!

6. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

Do you mean the Metzeler racetec rr k3 ?

Dual compound so they say...

http://www.metzeler.com/site/uk/mobile/products/tyres-catalogue/Racetec-RR.html

7. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

well they came OEM on the BM and the way they wore out in the middle and squared off id have sworn they where single compound,
    btw 890 miles I got from the rear was 600 miles running the bike in !!! good tyres but according to the BM forums looks like the average mileage is about 1200 miles which is pretty poor, that's about a tyre a month for me, but some peeps don't do that a year ??

8. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I'm just sat having my m7rr swapped for k3's. Got about 3k from the m7 so don't hold much hope for longevity on k3. Got a couple track days in line too.

Will be going back to m7 I think.