Michael Dunlop Autobiography

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blade048, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

#1 Blade048, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Ordered, thanks.

Just having a quick look through the preview pages and it appears to read like Michael Dunlop sounds - like you can imagine him saying it. Same went for Guy Martin's book, When you Dead you Dead - you can imagine him speaking.

Sadly this wasn't the case with Hutchy's book Miracle Man - I could not get past the first page of Chapter 1.

Having heard these guys in interviews you get some idea of how they speak, and something of their characters - I am looking forward to reading this book by Michael Dunlop.

3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Just finished reading this.

A really great book. You can hear him 'speak' as it reads just like he sounds - reading it is almost just like sitting there and listening to him speak. If you have never heard the man speak then listen to a few interviews first before reading the book - then the style will make perfect sense !

It is full of humanity - rights and wrongs, sadness, stubbornness, humour, family, friends - and all of those human things. There are also plenty of stories of the racing and of the bikes.

Anyone interested in the TT must read this really. I am grateful because this book needed to be done, it is historically important. In Rick Broadbent's book about the TT there is only a very short chapter about Michael Dunlop, and there is almost nothing in that chapter actually about Michael himself.

Looking forward to seeing the man in action in June - all the more for having read his book.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1