Might make the decision easier (for some) :)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Blix, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Not for me when back in the uk my mate went out on a test ride at loomies with about 8 others on these ..
    I enjoyed buzzing by on my old 2014 HRC...we had to wait twice for the others to catch up ...
    Headlight looked poor on them not that visabke and build quality a bit hit and miss plus dash looked like something from the 80s.....keep what I have ....although waiting to see new Ducati V4 and BMW next year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blix

Blix Active Member

Can't say I've heard of any issues with them, I've certainly never had any issue with Suzuki build quality, I've had a few over the years and still got a 30 odd year old model.

3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Screenshot_2017-09-12-22-03-46-1.png

:D ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

back on the build quality I to have had 2 GSXR 600 and a Gsxr1000 k5 when the 1st came out great bike and just as good as what I have now just that the new one some of the bits looked very cheap also saw a demo one that was a few months out paintwork faded and looked thin in places ....although even the new blade with its metal patch on the frame puts me off as well.....there 2k to 3k for a reason....no doubt fantastic engines.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Sorry I meant 2 to 3k cheaper for a reason....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blix

Blix Active Member

Got to admit I still don't like the colour scheme, I had a K8 750 in blue and white, that was the best colour I thought, I had an all black one after that and it never gave me the smile factor when I opened the garage door, both cracking bikes though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

You are probably right - one thing I have noticed with my GSX-S is that the wiring is visible in a couple of places. The black outer insulation stops and in a couple of places I can see the inner coloured insulation wire - for the radiator cooling fan and where the switchgear wiring leaves the handlebar on the left side. So I taped the handlebar one with insulation tape to cover it up.

Reliability is very important, and build quality to a point. But I am not really looking for this new bike to do 100,000 miles and last me 50 years. I will probably keep it 3 years and it will be garaged in that time.

I don't mind the colour scheme, although it has taken a little getting used to - at least it is nice and bright and continuous (rather than patchwork).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blix

Blix Active Member

Definitely prefer this colour scheme to the Moto GP or the Matt black, Suzuki have only imported 75 but I don't think that many superbikes are being sold so should be easy enough to get one if that's your bag.

IMG_5646.PNG

10. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I think the other 74 will be safe not quite Ducati red.....never mind he's happy with it...