Mirrors for the RR7

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by DazK, Apr 17, 2020.

1. DazK

DazK Active Member

Hello you lovely people.
    I’m looking for some quality mirrors for my RR7. Anyone know where to get them without paying Rizoma prices:D
    Quick run out tonight as I live next to a dual carriageway (on route for essential supplies officer) and my left mirror folds in at 120:mad: I’d like a slightly better view than just my elbows so a different shape or some sort of extension/spacer? I know I can get spacers for standard mirrors unless I can get better mirrors all round? Any personal recommendations or pointed in the right direction is greatly appreciated:)

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

What have you got on at the moment as they shouldn't be folding in if the bolts are done up properly.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. DazK

DazK Active Member

Hi @Muffking, I’ve got genuine OEM mirrors on. The mountings to the fairing are fine it’s the ball and socket fitting on the mirror must be worn? Sorry my mistake for not being clear. I can only think the previous keeper was folding the mirror in and it’s got progressively worse? If I’m going to swap them out I may as well see what’s about and get some forum opinions and ideas.

4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Yeah I suppose the ball could wear. I don't really tent to move mine much. I set them and leave them. If anything I might adjust them at the main bolt, but leave them setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

my rr4 had standard ones on but I've took them off . they have been snapped twice at work by punters walking past it and knocking it . that said they never moved at speed . 150 still where they should be but that was on smooth track tarmac my Lord. take them off and tighten them up and refit job done and elbows back in mirrors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DazK

DazK Active Member

I don’t need to move them normally as i’ve plenty room past the bike. I may like you say adjust the main mounting to fold it over during winter storage just to stop her in doors hitting and breaking it! She does a good job of kerbing my 20” alloys but not a mark on her’s:mad:

7. Mr_Chin_LK

Mr_Chin_LK Well-Known Member

Daz
    I don't know if your mirrors are the same as 08+ as there was a post recently on how to fix the pivot. There's a really good video on this site by @F1CT1C10U5

Chin

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. DazK

DazK Active Member

They’re different @chin. Thanks for the link but no indicators in mine. Basically a sealed unit with a ball and socket joint to the stem. On the other hand I have ordered these puppies! I must be bored out of my mind :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2