Mivv Ghibli exhaust

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Gary Britton, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Gary Britton

Gary Britton Active Member

20160504_121556.jpg

Anyone interested in the above exhaust. It's only been fitted for a few months but I wished I bought a Yoshi can.
    The infill panel is a Scorpion one which isn't fitted to the bike in the picture as the brackets do not fit around the exhaust.
    The exhaust sounds nice and it comes with a road and race baffle, it's loud with the race baffle or with no baffle at all.

£175 ono

2. Jkaye

Jkaye Active Member

If only this was a month further down the line I'd have had it :( does the infil panel come with it and can you get the correct brackets for it ?
    Atb Jase.

3. Gary Britton

Yep the infill panel can be sold with the exhaust.
    The infill panel has brackets to fit round a scorpion GP exhaust (I think).
    I was going and try to make it fit over the move exhaust but I haven't got round to sorting anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Does it affect the fuelling at all or do you need a power commander to set it up?

5. Gary Britton

I've not got a power commander fitted.
    I've not noticed anything different, it idles around 1500rpm? No idea if that's a little bit rich?

6. Bobzilla

Bobzilla New Member

I've got one, and I would say that if you have the baffle out you do need a PC, and you will need it set up properly. To explain, there is a big hole in the standard map between 2000 and 5000 rpm, to get around noise regs. This is also around the activation point for the second port on the standard exhaust. The Mivv without baffle clearly brings this hole out, and it sits around 30mph so very awkward for London commuting (which is me). There is a standard map on the PC website for a GP Pro which is very similar, but this can be a bit jerky. I'm getting my PC mapped in early august at Steve Jordan's in Bookham.

I don't know about with the baffle in because whilst I originally had concerns about how loud it was and whether I wanted to be that rude to my neighbours, I soon came to my senses and realised that I ride mainly in London and anything that competes with the 'tunes' the local neanderthals play at obscene volumes in their cars was undoubtedly a good thing.

7. Gary Britton

Would a PC and mapping make a difference to the noise as that's why I put the baffle in.

Under acceleration it sounds good but when I'm riding around the town it just sounds like a big bore exhaust on a chav car

8. Bobzilla

Bobzilla New Member

Nope, baffle is what drives the noise.

9. Jkaye

Jkaye Active Member

PM sent :)

10. gixxerjim

gixxerjim Active Member

would you sell the infill panel separetly? if so how much?

11. Gary Britton

Apologies to everyone who has shown interest, the exhaust and panel aren't currently for sale.

Thanks Gary