Moto GP Silverstone

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by KeepitPinned, Aug 11, 2017.

1. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Never been a great Moto GP fan but received a gift of a couple of tickets for race day this year. General admittance I think i.e. no special stand or enclosure not too sure as I've not seen the tickets yet. Question is grassy banks etc.... where do you recommend I watch from. Prefer to watch them braking into corners, accelerating out of them..... i.e. not on a straight. As I'm used to watching road racing and being a foot or so away from the bikes I can't help but feel I may be disappointed. Thanks for any advice.

2. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

I'll answer my own question here for the benefit of those who may go next year... spent the entire day at Vale. Good view of the bikes braking hard into the corner left and a quick right onto Club Corner for some acceleration and short shifting through the corner. 5 spills at Vale, none serious just riders sliding off and one hilarious episode...think the pics below should explain it. Great atmosphere, great day. Down side, getting out of the car park at the end after a long day in the sun. Vale.png spill1.png spill2.png Dovi.png

• Like Like x 2