MotoGP Main Thread

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by CastrolCraig, Jan 29, 2013.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Made worse as Dovi has got to grips with it and is going well in the mid pack! Mind he was going ok until it broke down..

2. sanz

sanz Member

Dovi's had a year to adjust though. I think Cal knew it was a risk when he signed, although it was made clear that there was no seat for him at Tech 3 this season anyway.

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

That is very true, would very interesting to see where he would be running if he had the new tech3 bike with the seamless shift and all the factory toys.. He was always a fair bit ahead of Bradley at the end of the season, was his first year of course but I have a feeling Cal would be quicker still..

4. sanz

sanz Member

Cal's the better rider imo. Honda should sack that little hobbit Pedrosa and give Cal a go!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

agree with above. if Dani is with Honda next year I will eat my hat

• Like Like x 1
  6. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

But hes had good results.. 2nd at most races this year, would be championship leader if MM wasnt in the loop haha.

I dont know I can see Dani still being there next year.. Or unless Jorge wants a change.. that could be interesting he may well do as he knows he never going to win unless hes at least on the same or better package as MM and I dont think Yam can provide it..

7. sanz

sanz Member

Agree that he's had good/consistent results but he's been the bridesmaid for how many years now!? He doesn't exactly promote himself well either. My ballbag has more personality! Honda need a replacement.....Stoner!! How good would that be with him and MM!

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

he is a very good rider but what about Stoner before MM, Hayden before that who won the title while he was at Honda. A good racer but never good enough than his team mates or others who won the title on other machines

9. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Very true, im not a fan of Dani just think he's well respected by Honda so unless there is an option for Jorge or Stoner he will stay the second signing..

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I don't agree. He's a good racer But also Spanish like Repsol and with MM he's out of here. if repsol was not the main sponsor I feel he would be on another bike a few years ago

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

If my memory is correct the Ducati was even worse when he signed and went for the big money factory ride, It is a shame as he has a massive fan club from all over Europe all wanting him to do well and shove it to the two main factory teams on a lesser bike. I think things will come right for him he did the same on the Tech 3 the first year losing all confidence in the front end.

12. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Lol made me laugh...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Frost1

Frost1 Active Member

me too :)

14. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

This is just getting ridiculous now.

I can't even get my knee down

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Worth laying down on the floor and place your shoulder near the ground to fully understand just how far they lean over and the amount of edge grip those tyres give!

16. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Arthur I don't lay that far over even when I'm sleeping mate !

• Like Like x 2
  17. marco s

marco s Active Member

What a race it was today ! yamaha defo back on terms with the honda

18. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Fantastic race. Just when I think Marquez has surpassed himself he then goes and does something even more awesome. Great race, not only has he got brilliant riding ability but an equally brilliant racing brain. Sheer class.

Lorenzo looks a beaten man, each race he looks more and more despondent.

Great to see the Dr riding well. As for Pedrosa, well he nearly offed MM, I expect Mr Honda will be having a few words.

Great racing.

19. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Just had a chance to watch it now, been keeping ff twitter / youtube until I had seen it. Great race was wishing for that rain to hit though would have realy mixed things up!

20. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

I wasn't wishing for the rain LC, I had to travel back on a 125cc scooter I rented for the weekend. I had to leave in the morning to get at montmelo in thunderstorms, so was well happy when I finally left at 16.30 and it was dry. Apparently at 18.30 it was raining when the teams were packing up...

Great race again, turning out to be a craxking season, just hope rossi win's at Assen, will be there as well :p

• Like Like x 1