MotoGP Main Thread

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by CastrolCraig, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

End of the day people use different technologies and apps and so it is possible for someone to see a post inadvertently.

Personally I try not to put anything in a post that gives a result away, or could otherwise ruin someone's enjoyment of a race until the following day. I know that I have had races ruined in the past by people giving away the resultand we have people on here from most of the world and plenty of timezones so just try to be considerate.

Us old buggers will be trying to work out how we bring the Likely Lads episode up to date :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

If anyone wants an overly complicated answer to the simplest of questions.......I could give them the 'ins an outs of a cats arse hole' to quote the famous phrase!

No 'cat' pun intended :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Results spoilers are one of the biggest first world problems going. In my opinion if you haven’t seen the race it is your own responsibility to maintain a media blackout. People are excited and want to talk (post) about the race.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Exactly @dessp2

You cannot expect the world to stay silent until such time as you are ready - dear world no postings please until I am ready - maybe Friday next week will be ok - after tea of course. I will let the world know when it is ok to post results !

I did not even go the the caff until I had watched the race - what was I going to do - make an announcement for nobody to talk about the MotoGP result because I had not had a chance to watch it yet - tell everyone in and out of the caff not to talk about it please. Tell everyone at work not to mention it. Tell the newspapers not to print it in case I saw the result when visiting a petrol station.

There are two kinds of people my friend - those that watch MotoGP live and those that complain ! :D (a variation from The Good The Bad and The Ugly !)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Lol....its like old Nigel never left.....keep it up guys ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Well, my sincerest apologies to anyone who got the news from my post. I assumed (how foolish of me) that on a morning where the race had already been run, folks would avoid a thread about said race series that had recent posts. In the future, I will avoid such heinous aggression against the populace.

I may pull a Nigel and go dark.Maybe I'll post on the Ducati forums...where everyone talks about their new mirror block off plates that they "only" paid $300 for. :p:D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Don't worry about it ....it's only @PauloHRC who fell for it.....he's from Manchester, they're a bit thick ova that side a Pennines :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

The good, the bad and the ugly?? That's 3 kinds of people.......you said there are 2 kinds!!

I guess the 3rd kind of person are those who spout long winded, unnecessary posts about something that was light hearted banter........and one of them has already fucked off!!

And no I don't watch Moto gp live as I'm usually out on my bike or spending time with my family as I have a life that is more important.

I usually watch practice and qualifying in the morning and races In the evening so I do tend to stay away from social media until I've watched them!

So all that shite about telling the world to be quiet until I've eaten my tea or whatever dribble it was......was indeed completely unnecessary. I'll say whatever i like in future and you're entitled to your opinion of course......but I don't much care for it anymore. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

You do not like my nice polite version ?

Well a simpler version here then:

• Yo got no fucking right to tell people that they can't post MotoGP results, on a MotoGP thread on a motorcycle form - whatever fucking time of day they wish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Spygoat

diff.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Still a few left in the forum jar if anyone else wants to join in... :D

Screenshot_2018-10-23-15-05-06-1.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Wow.......such a passionate response!

Coming across a bit uptight though, but that's to be expected if you're sat around all day in your underpants watching TV!

You're wasting your time unfortunately as I've already said I don't care and no one else gives a fuck either!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Spygoat

Woah... @nigelrb downvoted a post! He's ALIVE!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Took a lot of fishing to catch him but by eck our Pauls managed it! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Just for posterity

Screenshot_2018-10-23-17-56-44.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. Spygoat

He's either alive and stewing in his own juices or he's been compromised by Russian hackers or Saudi diplomats. Either way, this can't be a good sign.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hope I won't get into trouble by saying Bautista's looking good on Lorenzo's Ducati in FP1 at Philip Island.;)

May well be a different story in tomorrow's qualifying though!

19. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

Bad luck for Cal... :(

20. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I would have preferred Bautista to get the full time ride, quality rider and a world champion. Likes a crash now and again but if he can get past that on a factory bike he could do really Well!