MotoGP Main Thread

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by CastrolCraig, Jan 29, 2013.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not a chance now that they're both with Repsol HRC.

Will take a while, but I think we'll get back to the Marquez/Pedrosa, Doohan/Creville, and Gardner/Doohan podiums with Honda having two bikes in the top five rather than just one. Not discounting what Quateraro and Miller will do next year - and Vinales, depending upon how his Tarot cards fall on the day!:)

2. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

The potential problem with this is it’s only a 1 year deal for Alex and if he’s garbage on the bike imagine having to tell Marc your brother is getting the bullet for underperforming plus would Marc stick around if they have to bullet his brother I hope this doesn’t happen but it’s just a thought,can’t wait though for the first one of them to put a hard move on the other now that would be interesting

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

^^^

We'll get an good indication of potential with tomorrow's tests.;)

Can't blame Honda though for offering only one year first up - assuming that was Honda's and not Alex's condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

He is going to be expected to master the hardest bike to ride, in the hardest class.

Maybe I am wrong but I cannot see it - I don't care who his brother is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Alex has been a great Moto 2 rider, I hope it works out for him because he's going to have a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

Seems like the whole 'one year to learn the bike' rule has been thrown out of the window nowadays!

Still genuinely think Marc should move on to another challenge after 2020 though..... For one I would love to see him do it on another bike...... And two, it will certainly level the playing field out a bit!

Plus he'll forever be in Valentino's shadow if he can't do it on a different manufacturer ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

One year contract to keep him in sync with all the other contracts. He doesn't want to be left out in the cold like Crutchlow a few years ago

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

in my humble opinion I think he was in right place right time. van der Staten has been good letting him go . also repsol will be wanking with joy still. two multiple world champions who are Spanish and brothers on their sponsored bikes . think of the promo ads everywhere . also ill say just because your brothers good at something does not make it a given you are too. my younger brother and I were brought up the same on the farm . he can not drive very well . no chance of him reversing a trailer up hill ect . he rode biked for a bit but was a right nerve puppet . the only thing he likes about bikes now is men in leather chasing each other and spending time on their knees. I am not anti marc or Alex at all . But id love to see Alex beat marc. hrc have built that bike to fit and work marc look at alex he is a bigger lad I think he will struggle like others have .

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Not sure why his bike is in the LCR Garage?! o_O
    Screenshot_20191119_084626.jpg

9. Gravel trap

watching practice now and they said it's just for this test. bradal in repsol with marc . but that is odd because Lorenzo should have been in that garage too. I suppose with zarco having the off he had and taka still off it makes sense space wise.

10. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Like flies round shit......
    Screenshot_20191119_111710.jpg

11. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

That's rough, at least give him a chance :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

A tough one - and good luck to him. Wish him all the best. Even the legend that is Marc Marquez has to spend time in the gravel. I am sure his brother will have to do his share as well........

Day 1 testing at Valencia

limits found.png

13. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Screenshot_20191124_105404_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Gravel trap

wasn't Abraham funded by his dad who owns Brno. I wonder how much zarco has to bring in .

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Will certainly be interesting now as to whether Zarco will choose Avinta or Moto 2 with Marc VDS - if that offer remains open.

Whilst this will bring mixed response, I'd favour going back to Moto 2 with arguably the best bike on the grid to re-establish my name. Avinta's past performances suggest it is only a lower end of top ten finisher, if that.

16. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

I read somewhere that if Zarco takes the Avinta spot there's a chance that if he proves himself he could move to a factory ride 2021 either Pramac or Full Factory as most rider contracts are up. Lets face it since mid season Dovi's been a mobile chicane in all the races with the Ducati grunt out of corners and a slug in the corners while Pet 9 has been demoted to Pramac. If Ducati cant produce a GP winner for next year Zarco may be better off in Moto 2 with a chance of promotion to any moto gp team in 2021 but then he'll up against the youngsters for a ride

17. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I think Zarcos best chance of getting a factory ride is to grab this chance with Avintia Ducati and impress from the off. He'll be on a GP19 which is a race winner and aren't Ducati bringing out an all new bike for Dovi in 2020??

If so and its a lemon Zarco could well end up being a front runner...... Imagine that! ;):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Sorry off point but any one looking for a new lid Swindon megastore have bought up all Shark stock ofZarco GP pro. Lid the o e with the large spoiler on the back tried one at show 820 quid they are doing them 468 to clear bargain inc dark visor....Carbon as well ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Gravel trap

would any of you hire zarco if it was your money your team. don't get me wrong he was good on the tech 3 but the ktm debacle. would I trust him to dig in at the harder tracks and be media friendly to team and bike ect . I dont think I'd hire him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Over Tito Rabat and Karel Abraham?

Hell yes!!!!;)

No disrespect to either of them as riders though.... Tito a world champ and Karel is a Moto 2 race winner with a 15 year Moto gp career under his belt!! :)