MotoGP- Misano or Arragon?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by okeloon, Apr 3, 2017.

1. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

If you had to pick one, which would it be and why?

Only ever watched in U.K. And looking to go a trip in September 2018...

2. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I've never done Aragon so can't comment on that, but I've done Misano 4 times and love the place.
    Misano Adriatico is within walking distance (for me at least) so you can bypass all the traffic, there are loads of cheap hotels there and it's a good run down ( it's also where I did my biggest daily mileage from, 1060 miles in 16 hours )

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Did Misano last year and Aragon the year before.

Misano is a bit of a ride out, quite a long way. There are some quite long stretches of straight Italian motorway - which is okay, just get your head down and get a move on - you can really pile on the miles, they just fly by !

Misano is in a nice part of Italy and near San Marino. There is also the whole Rossi Tavullia experience. For the race you have your ticket and you cannot walk around the circuit - you have to stay in your area. Mugello and Assen you can walk around the circuit, but not Misano or Aragon.

Overall a bigger experience, but it is quite a long way there and back.

Aragon quite an easy little ride to get there and it feels a bit isolated. The traffic in and out is easy, well organised. The race was okay but would not sit in the grandstand on the start and finish again - don't see much of the racing, only the track girls at the start ! Maybe sit in the open areas to get more of a feeling of the event.

Aragon does attract quite a big crowd, lots of bikes stay in Alcaniz. Big groups of bikes - Ducati pulling wheelies down the main road, but did see someone getting pulled over as well !

The real gem of Aragon is its location, and the riding around there is incredible. I stayed near Zaragoza and the riding to the track and home again was the best part. Crossed the river Ebro, all around there from Alcaniz - loved it.

Overall I will go back to Aragon again because it is easier to get to, and it is more of a bike riding holiday. I have a nice ride down, nothing manic - watch the races and the crowds at Alcaniz - and spend the rest of the time riding the scenery. No traffic jams, great.

I would probably recommend making the effort to go to Misano though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

thank you both for your replies, it really is helpful, appreciated.