Motorbike bling or straight from the crate?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by daveyboy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Probably been asked before, but what do you prefer?
    Standard straight from the crate or jazzed up with some bling.
    What do you have on your bike and is it a replacement, upgrade or just there cos you want it?

I've got;
    K n N's air filter, cheaper in the long run
    Arrow slip on, cos it looks the dogs,
    PC111, smooth my jerky wrist........careful lads!
    Goodridge hoses, replacement for shag*ed oem's
    + a few more bits and bobs.:D

Looking to add rear sets, bar ends, led indicators etc, to replace bog standard.

Just interested in what you think and what you have planned for you pride and joy.

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Not anally concourse or anything but my bike is pretty close to how Baba San envisaged it. A more efficient windscreen for comfort and a grab rail for safety.

3. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

MRA screen, seat cowl, Yoshi R77 and plate, R&G tailtidy and bar ends, and a GIPro gear indicator (red), that's it really...

Thinking about a PCV but not sure if it needs it, but any further than that and it needs to be done properly by someone who knows what they are doing, and I don't...

#3 TonyBlue, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Cos i'm a skint bastard, i'll be getting a beowulf carbon slip on £200. Gonna pay for new tyres this week. Need to save and get some sexy rearsets, and a rear seat cowl. That'll probably be it cos i'll need money for fuel, track days n beer. Might do a wheelie school to try get back into it. Been off bikes 7 years and would prefer to practise on someone elses bike

Bikes already got stubby levers n tail tidy, and dinky winkaz. Need a smaller plate too, to replace the parachute.

5. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

I am the anti Christ of standard .... I did post the mods I have made and it took me half an hour to type :D

Since then I have done more :rolleyes:

But everything is lighter .. better made .. better looking ... (in my humble opinion)

ps ... there are others too ... step forward Art

6. vino

vino New Member

Bling, Bling - but tasteful....not like it's been ridden through the Demon Tweeks catalogue.

7. bladerunner2010

bladerunner2010 Active Member

See Signature..................................

8. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Oh, and a li:Dmited edition chain guard is on order.

9. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Let's see now, original frame, but the fairing support brackets have gone! Swingarm, but an extra brace has been added. Subframe, going, tank, resprayed, Engine, going! I know, standard riders seat, going. NOPE , can't think of any standard parts on mine, that are staying on!!!

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I like to add mods to a standard bike that I want. Not too much or standard. Normally a Exhaust for looks and sound, brake leavers. Some protection via paint and for the bodywork.

11. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I like em super pimped !! lol

12. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I like a few tasteful mods but you can take it to far!

13. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I like bling, but its more just making it your bike for me, no one likes to be a sheep do they, my list will get bigger but I always keep in mind, like ben that you can defo go to far with it or make it look cheap :(

function is much more important that style alone :)

14. Horney

Horney Active Member

I like my bikes to look good also. And clean. But my blade I haven't changed that much, just can, PCV, rearsets, screen,hugger, tail tidy. A gear indicator is next though.

However I also have a street triple and I've thrown loads at it. It's now how I like it, it gets used but it also gets pampered. My track bike is the bike that gets abused and bumped and scraped, if it falls over, oh well best get the P40 out.

You guys are right tho, too much is terrible. I was over to the Indianapolis GP last year and the yanks take things a bit far. Everyother bike had an extended swingarm or chrome wheels, LED's popping out everwhere and lowered! I can appreciate the work and money that goes in to it. But looks arnt everything.....

15. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

I have a set of stubby levers' DB screan, braded hoses, powerflow filter, R&G fork proctors engine sliders rear spools and chain adjusters, tail tidy. Seat cowl ,rear sets, Yoshi R77, Moto grafix kit
    Thats it I think. There will be more on he way but not much in the way of bling. More for handling and performance.
    As said there before I don't want to go to far with it as I was never mad about the looks of this Bladw but it did grow on me. But I look to improve the ride of it more than the looks of it.

16. Billy Balthorpe

Billy Balthorpe Active Member

'98 RRW.
    K+N, Dynojet set up, braided hoses all round, MRA Double bubble screen, 17" 3 spoke front with matching rear, Maxton rear shock, Akrapovic full system, (soon to be) Maxtonised forks, tail tidy - (ha ha, yeah that contravines the Trades Description Act) - undertray, SP-1 mirrors. Carbon hugger, Halfords rattle can black sprayjob with HM Plant stickers. The things not pretty, but effective.

17. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Ditto, with me looking for a newish bike now, aka Blade/Gixxer etc then i am in that market where extras are nice but i will not pay over the odds for them, also if an owner has tricked up his ride too much then that just puts me off, i spotted a nice bike a day or so ago..... bloody stickers all over it.. he may think it looks all WSB but all i can think of is, what's it covering up !

R & G's all over it, double bubble screen, seat cowl, pazzo levers.... stuff like that, nice tastful extras that add value (i don't mean money), and still make the bike look standard (ish) and don't take away from the original look of it. Some owners just dont know when to stop !

18. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I leave them standard as they are good from the box.. ,)

19. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Yea ... me too . All that modding is just so passe ... :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I was at a Terry Pratchett book signing once and he asked me if I was sure I wanted him to sign a copy as he'd done so many he reckoned the unsigned ones would be worth more.

My standard 'Blade may end up a rarity yet judging by what you guys get up to.