Mrs said I can have a new bike

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Vendy, May 22, 2019.

1. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Hi guys

Looking at a new fireblade returning back to a blade after a number of years off bikes and back on a R6 currently.

Just saying up a base model over the SP2 as the PCP deals are basically the same apart from the GFV

So my options base model in matt black with sports pack and akra can and £3600 cash back on my bike with a GFV of 7800

Or Sp2 no extras £2900 cash back and GFV £11800

What would you do and why?

Average rider no Marquez by any means

Appreciate your thoughts

2. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I would go with the SP2 standard and put the £2900 into savings. Concurrently to the monthly payments, I would try to save on top of the £2900 to pay off the ‘balloon payment’ at the end. Then the bike would finally be yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

what are the monthly payments on both those deals??

4. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

£99 on both

5. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

My thoughts about going base is basically what you have said but with less to find at the end of pcp

• Like Like x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think the dealer has a fair bit of room to move with the SP2 deal. I think you could at least hit them for a tail tidy and rad guard. I also wonder if you tried another dealer for a deal on the SP2. There's heaps lying around and dealers are busting to clear them.

I do have some bias with the SP2. It is a cracking but, but unfortunately loses heaps after it leaves the dealership. I am familiar with a 2018 1 owner zero miles on ebay which has been advertised at £16,999 for some time now. Therefore, if resale, or projected value at the end of term are a consideration, the SP2 loses out.

Finance and deals aside, the SP2 does not offer much more to an average road user than the 'standard' Blade. The Marchesini wheels look great and contribute to better handling, but you'll probably not notice differences of Brembos and Ohlins.

In summary, as a long-term bike, I'd go the SP2. If you're one who'd hand back or sell at the end of term, take the black.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

I appreciate your thought process some.thinking to do

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

not easy with a deal like that, £99 either way. I'd go SP2 mainly because of the wheels. But - The black is equally tempting. I'm glad it's not my decision.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Arrrrrgh LoL

10. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Nigel are you getting confused with SP2 and SP? theres not heaps of SP2 laying around ha ha Dobles had 11 2nd hand SP models in when I picked my SP2 up.

11. paul1966

paul1966 Active Member

defo the sp but I would go no cash back and lower final figure

12. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I am not the best person to ask ha ha I have owned the matt black one loved it but got offered a SP at a good price and good price on my matt black, Done 1300 miles on my SP and read and see reports of the SP model dropping like a stone in price I was actually offered 10k for mine. I eventually got offered a fair bit more and traded in for the SP2, all 3 are great bikes but I intend on keeping my SP2 and paying off the balloon £11,600 at the end.

13. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

SP2 are nice but It doesn’t worth the difference in ballon payment. Yes slightly better wheels and suspension, brake calliper and it comes with quick shifter(you can just buy genuine one online then plug and play); but you can take pillion and luggage on longer trips. The motors are the same and without doing cylinder head work there’s really not much difference as they leave the shop floor except one got shinier paint.

Both bikes you will end up doing exhaust, tail tidy, screen etc. And if you like riding fast then master cylinder (yes despite they tell you Brembo brakes on sp2 both have the same stock Nissin MC) and rear sets as well.

I would go for base model and get them stick the quickshifter in as a deal or at least discount for quick shifter because there’s really not much difference between the two on the road.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Thanks mate sensible I think am am leaning towards the standard not really that fussed about QS will keep you all informed thanks again

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

You sure its not a trap?........ Shes not trying to butter you up?......... Did she recently convince you not to move house with Purplebricks and you’ve just paid a fortune in commission to a high street estate agent?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

. . . but if you're short, I can give you a referral to Provident Loans!!:)

17. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Brilliant

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Deposit paid

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Did you go with the standard bike? Just reading your options again and the standard one made me think at £99 a month and only £7800 for the balloon payment it's an attractive price.