Mrs said I can have a new bike

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Vendy, May 22, 2019.

1. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
    Listen to kevin

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree.

Young once . . . and forever:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

your only here once and when your dead your dead that's why I went for the SP2, now the hard bit £149 a month and to put £250 away each month to pay the balloon off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Oh I treasured the days when £250 a month for three years used to pay the bike off. I have never done PCP it still doesn’t sound a great thing to me.

5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I have been Thinking of renting a new sp myself, £99 a month and give it back at end of 3 year term and keep my hard earnt invested for my retirement, never done this pcp renting thing, are there any pitfalls? Just after a SP for road as thinking turning the R1 into dedicated track bike :D so don't need to buy new blade as will keep std just for road, apart from tail tidy and end can, send like a bargin to rent for just £25 a week :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, in your view.
    But there are those who believe in reincarnation which means that I could come back as an invisible member, sort of like @Diane piggott and haunt you all :).

7. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

You don't own the bike u till the balloon payment is paid off, if you go over the mileage or don't look after it u may be in negative equity.

But I pick my SP tomorrow and I intend paying it off at the end

• Like Like x 2
  8. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I wouldn't pay if off, if I was going to keep I would buy cash first (cheaper to own) or HP (cheaper again to own), PCP seems good for renting it for 3 years and giving back imho
    So as long as you keep within the mileage and keep in good order there will be NO extra payment at 3 years?
    £1000 deposit and £99 a month for 3 years is only £4.14 per day, seems like a good rental price?
    sorry for the questions, I have not used pcp before and dont want to get stung :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Congrats. Will be a great day for you today!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Thanks

11. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

The current deal is interest free, I haven't got the monies to buy outright but will have by the end of the term so to me it was a no brainier.

Exactly you have three options at the end hand it back and walk away ( as disscussed mileage and condition) trade it in against another new one, or pay the balloon payment

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

And of course that's the difficulty many face; to be able to stump up an immediate 12 - 15 grand or whatever. The best plan is the one that works for each individual. I have paid some heavy interest in my time, but to have the product in hand it all seemed well worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

Well she is home

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

@SimonRR.... I bought mine on pcp over 3 years, here's the maths...... Traded my bike in for 5,600, the deposit was 3,400, leaving me with 2,200. I got the dealer deposit contribution of 1000 as well, which I chose to keep as cashback leaving me a total of 3,200:)

This went into a separate account that I use to pay off the 99 per month payments of which there are 36. Which means I don't technically pay anything for the first 32 months..... Just need to pay the last 4 payments. ;)

At the end of the three years I'll probably trade it in against the new V4 if one does materialise. I've never kept a bike for more than 3 years anyway and the lure of a new one is always to much to resist against getting a 10 plus grand loan (with interest) to pay off the balloon on a 3 year old bike.:rolleyes:

All depends how much I'm still in love with the bike and what the market value is at the time I suppose..... We shall see, but for me the pcp route has worked out very well.

Congrats on the new bike @Vendy ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Good analytical report @PauloHRC . It seems as if there can be a lot of variables between different deals, but you've really ended on the good end of the stick with yours. A no brainer as you might have once said.

I'll get the 'V4' first and let you know all about it!!:D Whatever 2020 has in store I'll probably be a candidate for. @Lozzy wants my Castrol, so that'll give me an instant £7500 head start towards the newy:);).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vendy

Vendy Active Member

17. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

The only negative with PCP for me is...... Its makes me ride more conservatively. Only a bit mind, you just always have that niggle in the back your that you need to keep this bike in tip top shape ready for when you hand it back.

With a bike you own outright there's less to worry about, if you bin it...... Its doesn't really matter as there's no finance to worry about. Track daying a bike on PCP is a precarious prospect! I'll probably do it though...... Now I've got Gb covers and I might get some Chinese fairings too...... All in the name of damage limitation :rolleyes:

18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ooh, strongly disagree with that, but I'm a non-believer in those whopping big Red 'X' things!!

I own mine and I still fear losing it (them) in aggressive cornering despite full comp on most bikes. In fact, perhaps like most of us, I have more fear of damaging the bike than of damaging myself.

I don't ride conservatively in open areas. In fact, there's occasions I'd have my butt nailed to a prison cell for some of the things I get up to. Our thirst for excitement frequently displaces our sense of rationality.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Given our age gap...... I can pretty much say, my Conservative...... Your Conservative, and 30 mile loop limit, are worlds apart o_O:eek::D

Also the post clearly states a fear of damaging the bike...... I don't care about me! ;)

20. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I can see what PauloHRC is saying though Nigelrb, If i dump my R1 I can fix in my own time, or just break it and sell it, if its pcp I wouldnt be allowed to, so I "might" ride on Conservative, I of course, at my age I ride conservatively anyway ;) track is another ball game although :D wouldnt want a PCP bike on there, just in case :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1