Multi-Bike Insurance?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by sinewave, Feb 3, 2016.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Any recommendations, anything to be aware of?

Cheers in advance! :)

2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I've used Swinton bikes for the last few years mate.

Decent enough and always come back with a good quote for a new season. Normally you need to shop around (I still do to make sure it's a decent quote) but find it hard to beat them which I find reassuring.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. graham58

graham58 Member

Have always found swintons bike insurance good value for money

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Make sure you ask whoever you end up with if/how much they charge for taking 1 bike off or changing a bike during the length of the policy (if this might apply to you) because some will try & screw you with silly charges o_O

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I found it wasn't that bad at all when removing the bikes from my policy. I'm now down to only the 1 bike from 3 and they didn't shaft me.

6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I found swintons shit tbh and over priced for a two bike policy! Could get cheaper insuring both separately else where

7. stevet

stevet Active Member

got both me bikes insured with hasting's, 2001 cbr 600 f sport and 2014 fireblade on same policy.....fully comp..5 years no claims...helmet ,leathers insured....350 excess...legal costs....i'm 46 (go rossi)...cost me £243.....

8. old git

old git Active Member

Got 3 bikes on the one policy with Carole Nash, no complaints so far. Suppose how good the policy is depends on what they're like if I've ever got to claim.

FJR 1300 (2009)
    Fireblade (2012)
    Suzuki GT500 (1977)
    Can't remember exactly the cost but around £450 with 6 points and 5 years NCB.

9. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Not needed multi bike insurance myself but my mate uses Carole Nash and has only good things to say.

10. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

Cornmarket...they will beat any quote you get online by 10%...did not believe it till I tried and got myself insured last year...

11. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

many do it these days so best to look at the small prints of the actual insurance.
    I changed from multi to single a couple of years back because you only earn one NCB so if you want to take one of your bikes to another provider, then you have full NCB on only one of them.
    I did this because the renewal was more expensive than individual policies. Try Wickes, Hasting, Bennetts, MCE to name but few

12. Dave

Dave Member

Yeah but what's your mate do about insurance:oops: Sorry could'nt resist.

13. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I currently pay £220 Fully Comp for my 2014 ZX10R

Have been quoted £60 to change to the new 2016 model and £20 per Grands worth of second Bike.
    New Bike is £10.5K so that makes the total policy £430

If I insure the new Bike separatley then that policy will have Zero NCD so reckon it'll be far more than the extra £210 on my current policy?

Thoughts?

14. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i don't know if you can do it on bikes but some car insurers will "mirror" your no claims onto a second car . i have done it in the past with swift cover .

15. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

I just got insured with Principal insurance.
    They had bought Simply Insurance which was last years insurers and seemed pretty helpful.
    I now have 9 points for speeding and was getting silly quotes again.
    The guy I spoke to, Mike Sinclair seemed ok and a biker too, and got it down to £288 for 09 Repsol which I didn't think was too bad considering I only passed 2 yrs ago and live on the SE London/Kent border.
    They do multi bike cover too so maybe worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
  16. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I'm with Principal currently Paul although they are just a Broker, actual insurance is with Groupama.

Looks like I may already be with my best option then.

17. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Be warned - Hastings multi bike is not multi bike, but a 'Dual Bike' policy - i.e. the max number is 2

18. wilbert

wilbert Active Member

Having read through all the stuff with my MCE policy I can have up to 5 bikes on the policy. Will have to look into it further as I have just made another purchase....... but will have to wait until its road registered and the dust from the divorce has settled before it comes out of storage. Pisses me off that you can't have the same NCB on each bike / car. Who earned the NCB you the insured rider / driver or the bike / car???

19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Think I paid all of £35 extra to insure my SP1 on a multi mate. That's expensive

20. Wurzel45

Wurzel45 Active Member

Didn't realise multi insurance "could" be that reasonable, my hornet has been sat in the garage for the past twelve months, was going to sell it on but having second thoughts now. Mines up again in April so will be looking into it.