MV Update

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by nigelrb, Feb 6, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

For those following my MV 'acquisition' I picked it up today from a failed MOT:(:(.

Has a non-working high beam. Easy fix, one would think. But it wasn't so simple as a globe.

I used my Honda dealer (really good) but they couldn't even locate the fuse box:rolleyes:. Fair play, I suppose, I was warned about 'Italian peculiarities'. So I'm now busy downloading service manuals (of which there are a few) and hope to rectify very quick.

The bike rides nice. First impressions are that it steers a bit sharper than my Blade (2011) AND it doesn't have that low-down brute, snap-on power of the Blade. I didn't give it a full run, but I believe it likes a higher rev range than the Hondas. Brakes are good, and a very similar riding position made me feel at home.

Tomorrow (Wed) I will introduce it to Mr Sheen!!:D

• Like Like x 2
  2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Glad it's turned up safe and sound.

Hopefully the headlight will be an easy enough fix.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Thanks. Mmm, I think it might be my introduction to the peculiarities and idiosyncrasies to the Italian marque. (Sorry about the big words PauloHRC :D)

I stalked the MV forum and it seems a few owners have had faults with the headlight relay. Small price to pay in the big picture though! Cheers!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

If that's all it's failed on then you should be happy, amazed you took it out today though, been snowing up my neck of the woods!

Dreading tomorrow when I have to ride to Hunts if it's like this again....forecast is sunny but I predict ice on the roads in the morning! :eek:

5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Keep us posted; more pics as well as soon as you find that fuse box! ...be interested to see where it is if the Honda techs can't find it :eek:

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Our weather was good all day until 5 pm. Had about 27 snowflakes then cleared. Ah, that's right, you're way up there! I lived in Swinton for a short time as a child.

I guess you'll re-book if it's too icy. Not worth the risk. We're generally on the ball; it's the clown who pulls out of a side street who makes it hard for us.:mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Did you find out where the relay unit is?

Looking at some schematics it looks like there's a lot of electrical gubbins going on under the seat unit.

You may have seen this, but there's a workshop manual here;

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1082525/Mv-Agusta-F4-1000.html

8. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

I Have pretty good library for Mv (for free);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Class act Mr. Chef.:)

You caution me against buying it and then offer to help out! This is why the camaraderie of motorcyclists is unbeatable by any club or group. Thanks for the offer - or if it wasn't an offer, thanks for making me jealous!!

I have downloaded a heap of stuff though. I'm pegging you might have owned one at one time?

10. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

Was working for MV as test rider (also)

11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Congrats. Would look good (to some) on your CV!!