MX anyone

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by shanes, Aug 21, 2012.

1. shanes

shanes Active Member

anyone else keep there hand in with a bit of MX great training and really good for fitness not to mention a shit load of fun :-}}

the KTM350 is the perfect bike power to weight is spot on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

little bit of air
    [​IMG]

its not small pinned in third gear to clear it
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

not me but know many others who do. looks fun and got to give it a go one day

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I've done a bit of enduro but it was on the Army's Harley Davidson 350's.
    [​IMG]

If you can ride an 8 hour race on one of these you can do it on anything, they are a ridiculously heavy piece of crap and the cam-belts snap constantly. Ive not done a race on one where I haven't had to change one mid race.

4. yorkshiregooner

yorkshiregooner Active Member

Enduro with rideoffroaduk on a KTM 250 EXC absolutely knackered after every race lol

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I have a ktm 125 but don't do anything like that just a bit of green laning, well if I could get it to bloody start I would!:mad:

6. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I ride and service a good few, service more KTMs than Jap MX bikes though... ;) lol I have had many over the years from twin shock RM250s to CR500s and many many more, even an evil Cagiva 250 that wanted to kill me, best bike I rode was a factory YZ250 from a young lad that used to race for Woking Yamahas tech team it was super nice very smooth!

I still test ride many that I service but I don't race and never did well even when I did, my Dad still own a track not far from home so I have a play from time to time, raced a quad for a while was better on that then on a solo tbh.

Now I have my 07 WR450 Supermoto for fun..that's it, mx is done for me... Did chat with Perry at HM about his six times British motocross champ wins a few months back to get an insite how it is to be one of the best....TOP BLOKE!

My WR
    http://db.tt/b7Yh5eAU

#6 arthurbikemad, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  7. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Arthur - theres some amazing areas for off roaring around your end, in fact the training areas around Bordon are where I've done 90% of my enduro riding.

#7 IcarusGreen, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. arthurbikemad

That's where I live mate, on the end of range 1, it's kind of my back yard...

9. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I'll be honest, Bordon isn't my favourite place in the work and the I consider the only decent thing about the place is the kebab van by the church. I've lived there a couple of times over the years (for the obvious reason)

• Like Like x 1
  10. arthurbikemad

AGREE...lol I live just outside mate....lol In the woods....lol At least when you get the gun out no one blinks an eye with the range so close... :D

11. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

One of my mates runs the REME enduro team from Bordon and I have a few mates who ride in the team, you might see them on the KTM team bikes (used to be Yamaha's)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. arthurbikemad

Cool! I've met fast Eddie once before and rode with the Yamaha experience in 07, and I am very close mate with JAM Sport in Farnham who often do events with team reme etc :) small world mate..

13. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Ye, JAM sport used to sponsor them, not sure if they still do.

14. arthurbikemad

Don't know tbh, but I see Dave and Ian all the time sometimes I go and help Dave out In the workshop for a bit of a laugh he's a good bloke... I do love MX bikes it's where it all began for me :)

15. shanes

shanes Active Member

if you can ride a MX quick you can ride anything , best form of training for bike control

16. arthurbikemad

We were never shown how to ride we just learned with old c90s in the woods it was years and years messing around on old snotters racing mates and having a laugh, I did not have a decent bike for a long time.. The old twin shocks took some hanging on too and man I had some big crashes! some how always seemed to get up and walk away! My off roads not like you mate all that big air, big air seems to be a new thing you've got more balls than me that's for sure!

I've done some fun events with off road stuff hosted about twenty full week long piss up motorbike football events with over thirty bikes and around fifty riders/mates and played drunk football til 5am! Now that's crazy nights out! Carnage....lol

17. shanes

shanes Active Member

here is one for you Arthur , i had just turned 13 and was testing my new 125 as i could race it when i was 14 :-}} great fun but i had to jump off the side when i come to a stop as couldnt touch the ground :-}} i never raced this one as was worn out and i had swapped to Kawasaki so first race in the juniors was on a KX 125

remember going to track and a new jump would be there everyone would wait for some idiot to do it first , well that idiot was me :-}}} just realised that pic is 30 years old :-{

[​IMG]

#17 shanes, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  18. arthurbikemad

Smart pic mate....! I like it and you looked rather cool...lol

Here me on my DT50 it's the only old pic I have I was always skint and this photo was taken on the sly by my old man just after I had done the rounds in the yard collecting petrol....lol

http://db.tt/ayjAyWhX

19. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

First pictures of me on bikes

• Like Like x 2
  20. shanes

shanes Active Member

well after a great weekend on the MX bike on sat , we where on the way home a mate who is learning he has 2012 KTM 250 , cleared his first tabletop so wanted to do some stuff to his bike Akra and duel map vortex ignition , i said you should just sell yours and buy my 350 it already has that stuff and 100 cc more . I just got a message i just sold my bike when can i pick up the 350 fuck fuck fuck looks like ill be getting a new bike then now there is a 2013 SFX 450 here it landed last week but no 350's maybe a new 450 it will be .
    also have to shoot off to spain at the end of the month to sort my houses out there so i will strip the SX250 and stick it in a few boxes and ship it over here it is brand new only had 2 hours on it when i packed up and moved here so its just going to waste there , be good to get back on the SX 350 its so much fun to ride but its a fucking monster tries to bite you every chance it gets

• Like Like x 1