My 2005 SC57/1

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by grip-wolrd, Jun 22, 2017.

1. mihai popescu

mihai popescu New Member

Hey man,

Very nice bike you have. Just got myself a 2004 blade a little bit prepared for the track. Did 2 track days so far. What tires do you use now as I have seen at the beginning that you were on 180 60.

Any updates on the bike? I am planing to follow your update with 330 mm rotors. I am thinking on using yamaha r6 calipers as they are mono-blocks and would provide more power on the brakes. But not sure yet as I am still waiting for the rotors to do some tests. Was it difficult to do the spacers? How would you rate the brake feeling over stock>? I am also a big lad. !.98 and 110 kilos so I feel the need for stooping power. The lines are already steel braided and the master cilinder is an airtec behringer. I am not sure about the size. My pads are ebc hh I believe but I am not happy with the feeling... There is stooping power after warm up but there is not that bite I was expecting, nor some good feeling in the lever...not sure what is wrong

2. grip-wolrd

grip-wolrd Active Member

I've stuck with the 180/60 up until now as they are the best option from Pirelli (as I'd only run Pirelli) as the 200/60 is way too big for the amount of power we have.
    I use Pirelli Superbike SC1 front and SC2 rear, but I will likely use SC1 rear also from now on as Pirelli has changed the naming and temperature usage for some reason.

Not that many updates; the engine is still stock and so is the suspension. Up till now, for the pace I am running, I haven't felt the need to spend the money, to be honest. I can run in mid to high group (whichever it is) without feeling like the bike is struggling somehow or suffering.
    The 330 mm is a good choice and makes a big difference. In terms of bite, I was surprised by the OE pads, but I've only tried the TRWs and replacement Brembo pads. I've heard the Z04 from Brembo are excellent, but they are stupid expensive; I could buy 5 sets of TRWs for 1 Z04.

3. mihai popescu

mihai popescu New Member

And what about the caliper spacers? Arevthey 10 mm overall or you added 10 mm to the existing 4 or how thovk are they stock

4. mihai popescu

mihai popescu New Member

Did you have any issue with the pada on the 330 discs? I see that 330 discs are 2 mm wider than 320 so are the 954 pads. How much % of your disc is used with the pads you have? I got a deal on yamaha r6 monobloc calipers from 06 with brembopads ans i am thinking to go ahead. First fitmenent seems ok. They are there but slightly offset. So the disc stays 1 mm more to the left

5. grip-wolrd

grip-wolrd Active Member

Sorry for the late reply.
    I haven't noticed this to be honest and the pads seem to contact most of the disc. There is maybe 1 or 2 mm on each side which is not scraped, but this is pretty much the same as OE.

I'm sure the 1mm offset of the calipers wont have a bit impact, and should work.

6. grip-wolrd

grip-wolrd Active Member

I had the 310mm as standard, so I added 10 mm spacers for the 330mm. On the 2004-2005 model years there are no spacers.
    If you have a 2006-2007 then you'll have 5 mm spacers for the 320mm discs it comes with.

7. mihai popescu

mihai popescu New Member

hey how is it going with the track days? I have a question for you. What is the temp you have on the track on your bike? Anything you improved in the cooling side? i recently had a track day and at the beginning the temps stayed under 90 but in the end they went close to 100 or so... not very good from my point of view