My 2008 Fireblade Racebike and Transporter Build Thread

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by martycochrane, Nov 2, 2012.

1. martycochrane

martycochrane Member

Been quite a while since I updated this so I thought I would stick up some recent pictures.
    Bike is been going really well, really nice thing to ride. Below 160bhp at the back wheel but because of the way it delivers the power it really doesn't struggle too much keeping up with guys with closer to 200bhp at the back wheel. Struggles a little bit on the straights but its not as if other bikes are destroying me just pulling a head slightly. Looking forward to the winter so I can do a little bit of light engine work hopefully get it up to around 170 at the back wheel and I'll be happy.

This was the bike loaded into the van on its last adventure
    [​IMG]

This was the bike and van setup at a very wet track in Sweden. The bike beside me is a friend of mine with 194bhp at the back wheel. Have driven it a few times and whaow what a monster
    [​IMG]

As you can see I got some wet track time!! Bike rides really well in the wet and the new Pirelli wets are fantastic
    [​IMG]

Thankfully the sun came out allowing me to really get used to the very technical tight track. My girlfriend snapped this nice shot with the elbow down on her phone. This was a special corner!!

[​IMG]

You can see how the corner goes up over a crest in the hill (shadow makes it hard to see). Feels interesting (shit running down leg kind of interesting) being fully lent over and the front starts to go light

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3