My New Bike - MT-10

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by TheRamJam, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I did not record individual tank range distances, by setting the trip computer every time I filled up. Also I rarely ran it to the flashing light - I would fill up before that. Sometimes I would put about 8 litres of fuel in whilst the tank still showed full 'cause I knew it was just about to drop to 1/2 empty !

Most of the way through France was "D" roads, which can be single carriageway with stretches of dual carriageway, similar speed limits as UK. With frequent little villages to trundle through - maybe the odd traffic light.

A bit of filtering as you get sucked into the circular ring roads around cities - but not a great deal of it, just some.

Also some great mountain pass action with spirited riding, near and around the Pyrenees.

Spain was more constant motorway type riding. If you sit back on the seat a bit, and drop your head and shoulders a bit then it makes a big difference to airflow, I was surprised. I didn't have to duck down much to make a big difference to buffeting and airflow (and probably fuel consumption) at circa 80 mph (give or take a few mph !)

Then every day I would go for a spirited ride in the hills near the hotel in Tona, where I stayed in Spain.

In all, most of the time I was on the move and ideal gears/revs could be used - there was very little stop/start riding.

For sure it is a bit thirsty, but it did not stop me from doing 450 mile days, and stopping to put juice in it does not bother me as I was on holiday - not commuting to work.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

Standard-modded- 16 with 17 r1 engine

this one is my SP
    BPCT7741.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Mine - touring duties !

Coming back from Catalunya MotoGP in Spain. Pyrenees and France in the distance.

14481 resize.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

How are you getting on with the MT10 now you've had it a while @TheRamJam?