My new toy, Ducati 1198S

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Barmbyblade, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

What a great looking bike mate.

2. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

Wow, that is a really pretty plaything. Congratulations on your new ride and having a very understanding wife lol.

3. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

now that is very very VERRYYY YUM :D congrats mate probs see ya bout sometime :)

4. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Once again thanks for all the great comments from everyone, it's nice to be a member of a forum where you don't get negative comments for owning something else, unlike some forums I could name. I would also like to say I still have my Fireblade and have no plans to get rid cause TBH it's the best bike I have ever owned and ridden, of course the Ducati is a great bike but still has it's faults but I have always wanted to own one but has always been unaffordable until now and with secondhand prices of everything on two wheels dropping quicker than a hookers knickers I felt it was the right time to chop in the R1.
    Thanks again chaps and chapasses, great folk great forum!

5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I love my Ducati as I do my Honda, they are MILES apart in all ways and its a good thing as owning two bikes much the same could be a little dull. The world of Ducati is MASSIVE in regards to the brand and bling, plus performance parts..! For example NCR Ti Frame clocks in at a cool £12,000.00...lol

6. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Mate I love anything two wheels and welcome it to the forum Honda, Suzuki, Duc all of them are special and to be appreciated!!!

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

And that's the point isn't it?

Owning the FireBlade is the thing we have in common, why we came here. Learning what else makes each of us tick is what the forums supposed to be about.

I loved my Ducati.

It wasn't too fond of me, it must be said, but the fact that it seemed to be designed by committee rather than focused purpose was brilliantly endearing. Wazzing across Dartmoor with my mate on his FireBlade struggling to find a gear ratio that would allow him to keep up, especially as i only changed gear a dozen or so times on the whole stretch. The look on his face when we climbed off for a coffee was worth the 15 minutes it took me to start the damn thing when we left.

It's a bike you buy with your gut rather than your head, and I'm a fat bastard.

8. Givover

Givover God Like

Even on a Ducati you will never look this cool .Ps love the bike and want one , fingers crossed for the lotto me thinks[​IMG][/IMG]

9. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

After busting my balls on the Ducati's fuel tank I may end up with a pair like that?

10. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Very nice !