My track bike

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by Speedytwin, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

I know some people will cring when they see this pictures but seen as I'm living on the Blade these days and only really use the SP1 on track I decided to go the hole hog and turn it in to a track bike. I have it running the way I want it and on track it keeps up with most of the bikes in my group so may as well make some use out of it.
    So tonight I got off my arse and got to work on it. I've ordered a fiberglass race fairing kit so the oem parts will be put away for when I return it to a road bike.

From this.
    [​IMG]

To this in less than an hour. I still have the old viper cans that I took off soothe Ethos system will be put away aswell.

[​IMG]

Now the fairings will be White so I'm thinking of spraying the tank and mudguard White as well seen as there spare bits I got my hands on. What you think White with the Honda wing on it in black.

Opions welcome

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

colin is going to go ape when he sees this mate!! ha ha

if your going white.... surely castrol scheme is the obvious choice??

nice bike btw....your mad, but nice bike.

3. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Agree with the castrol scheme. SP1 track bike!!! Hmm...:D

4. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Jesus castrol no way. Done to death. Every thing in the first picture is now off the bike and can be returned at any time.
    The only time this bike is out now is when on track so makes scence to take the good stuff off.

5. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

san carlo gresini?

6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Nnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't do it to that beaut of a bike. Plleeeaaasseee :rolleyes:

7. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Sorry lads half way there now. Finished for tonight. And this is it as it sits now.

[​IMG]

8. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

If it were me. Na not even going to go there as you know Id want to restore it. My heart is bleading :(

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

told ya he'd be upset!!

chin up col, one day we will have our own sp's to cherish....

10. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Lads calm down. I have owned this bike for years and will not part with it. But I love riding it on the track and in fairness that is where Mr Honda intended it to be. But if the unfortunate time of droping it would happin then I and it would be fooked. This way race kit and frame protection sliders and frame covers will not be the end as we know it. And in time if I won't to put it back as a road bike well I have all the road kit I just took off it.
    Now stop crying wipe your face and man up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Horney

Horney Active Member

How about the white and silver repsol or that special repsol colours with the r in a blue circle with the stripes. Sorry for the vague input but both are white based and uncommon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Sacrilege

13. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

They all belong on track....lol But Im too much in love with mine to whoop it on track.. And I can loan one....lol

14. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Yep they were made for the track and mine did not suit me for road riding, they look awesome. I love v twins, so much torque, they fly out of bends.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

I trimmed the rear mudguard a bit more so i could get the straight finish under the rear cowl.
    [​IMG]
    Happy with that seen as i still have some of the OEM mudguard in there to hold down the power commander and i have rerouted the wiring to allow the ECU to flip over and sit in behind the battery. So thats in and strapped down.
    Next on the list was the rear seat cowl. The bike always had a race cowl on it but it had been broke in two places and covered with stickers so out with the fiberglass and repaired them.(i hate sanding so not 100% perfect) then i sprayed it white along with a cracked front mudguard i had also repaired.
    The reason im going white is i have ordered a race fairing from ebay and it will be white.
    [​IMG]
    When i fitted the rear cowl there was a big gaping hole under the rear section where the mudguard had been cut so of the the local glazer and got some perspex cut it out to fill the hole and a few screws in place to hold it in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Refitted my old rattley cans. They will need repacking some time but will do for now.
    Removed the handle bar switch. Wont need it.
    [​IMG]
    Fitted a set of R&G fork proctors along with the mudguard
    [​IMG]

and that's it for tonight. Hoping the fairings get here soon. Looking forward to getting them on.
    So this is how it looks so far.

[​IMG]

16. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

17. kev1382

kev1382 Active Member

that looks mega mate:)

18. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Well time for an update. The fairings arrived and where fitted with just a little bit of filing around the rads but all is now good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My First outing was on sunday so i didn't have time to paint them so the rough white will have to do for now.

SO off to mondello park i went on sunday was a bit wet in the morning but it ended up being a nice day and i had a ball. It was one of those days where everything just went as it was ment to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's a little video as well.

Mondello park track day 18/03/12 - YouTube