Nearly there ! BSB Akrapovic fit

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Jamiestrada, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Just thought if share my experiences trying to fit a race system to a road bike.

A few weeks back I got told about a full BSB titanium Akrapovic system which had been removed from Michael Rutters Bathams Honda decided to have a shot at fitting it to my 2013 Repsol...

[​IMG]

My intention was to fit it and sell my Slip on Akrapovic but it soon became apparent when I trial fitted it to the bike that it would take a lot of work to make the titanium end can fit and look half decent, also there is no baffle with the BSB end can which also has a damaged carbon end cap :( so I have had a play and the Carbon end can from the slip on fits perfectly, which while good in a way is annoying in another as I had told a forum member I would sell them the slip on kit and had to let them down (sorry again)

I had to order 8 long springs to hold on the headers from Jamie at Calsport as they were missing from the kit so finally got around to fitting the system today, it fits perfectly and I'm very happy as the headers are 1 kg lighter than the OE ones as well as looking gorgeous

[​IMG][​IMG]

Now the final job is to make the lower fairing fit ! The headers hang down a lot more than the OE headers as you can see, so I have ordered some black lower fairings from mark aka Yorkshiregooner for me to cut an mess with until they fit :) hopefully it shouldn't take a lot of work

So once all is done ill get off to Somerton Dyno for a custom map, until then I have loaded power commanders euro full akra system map so should be ok

Started the bike up it sounds ace a much deeper tone than the slip on, will be interesting to see Dyno results once it's all done :)

Will post some fitted pics up once its all done

• Like Like x 16
  2. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

looks superb.. just imagine the sound at full chat :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Been waiting ages for mark to get some lower fairings oh well good luck with your exhaust fit buddy get some heat wrap on those lower fairings

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jamiestrada

He had a couple of sets in black for 12-13 blade as far as I could work out but no repsol colours :(

Have bought some of that aluminium stick on heat shield to put on once I'm happy I may mod the repsol lowers but would rather keep them pristine for if I ever sell the bike

#4 Jamiestrada, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  5. wedgiewolves#223

Yeah that's what I'm like I took my mint fairings off and brought a complete set just no lowers for euro trips cheaper than venture shield ha ha and I've always got spares a year or so you will land on some Repsol lowers I should imagine

• Like Like x 1
  6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

is the can a bit battered mate ?? how did you find out about that ??

Ah sorry forget that....... just read the words...........after wiping up dribble from pics !! ;)

#6 Repsol Rob, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jamiestrada

The can is a little, I have a new tip on order then you would have to look close to see anything...

Main issue is its shorter and the carbon band is straight unlike the road versions with adapters .. If that makes sense, going to repair it and then try either try and make it fit or sell on to make some cash back

8. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

Looking good mate! I have full system as you know and it's loud as fook with baffle out made 175 when i had cutom maps at BSD (baffle out). Prefer the design of your can to the standard customer system. Only down side if I have to take off one or two of the headers to change the oil filter...is yours the same?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jamiestrada

Dano thanks for the heads up on this :)

Haven't looked with ref to oil filter yet will have a look tomorrow :)

I currently have road slip on fitted with BSB headers, but will have a go with the race can if I can come up with a way to fit it ?

10. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

You having trouble fitting and lining up the band then? Sorry just fully read the post properly :( when you say adapters do you mean the two silver angled bits that do up on the strap? slice of buff: 2013 North West 200 - Supersport & Superstock Bikes good pic of it on this site but they have diff rear sets and a little bracket the strap fixes too - so not much help :(

• Like Like x 2
  11. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks good jamie! Is there that much difference between the two cans apart from the length?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jamiestrada

No real difference weight is only 300 grams and internal diameter looks the same

13. rab

rab Well-Known Member

looks good mate

• Like Like x 1
  14. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Flash bastard!

• Like Like x 2
  15. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

What's this? jealousy in the repslow ranks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

No it doesn't bother me that he has nicer wheels, quick shifter, bsb exhaust, Ohlins etc etc

Honest!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Looking good Jamie. Here's hoping you get the fairings sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jamiestrada

Few pics of the bike as it is now before the lower fairing hopefully goes on and hides all that lush titanium :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

great thread bud and good write up. looks the dogs

• Like Like x 1
  20. wedgiewolves#223

Lovely that is