NEC.....motorcycle live.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tonic, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

guess most of us are planning on going?
    Out of interest, what's in the Gonzo Spada goody bags? Were they just full of crap last time?

2. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i dropped in for the first time in years last year ,as i was passing on my way to Wales.
    I wish i hadn't wasted my money on the entrance fee and the massively overpriced car parking scam.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BikersDiscountStore

BikersDiscountStore Active Member

If you're going on a weekend, park in the railway station, it's way cheaper, or if on a weekday and you're planning on leaving after the show closes try the West car park, they only check tickets on exit & after closing there's almost never anyone there ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just purchased my ticket. If paying the ten quid parking fee, we receive a voucher for half-price entry to the National MC Museum next door. (Source: Motor Cycle Monthly - November edition.) Makes the parking option a bit more viable if taking a car.

5. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

I'm just heading down there now, if anyone does go come onto the Honda stand and say hello :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. T.C

T.C Elite Member

I am planning to be there on Monday. I have several meeting scheduled but I will try and pop by

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'll be there Monday from 'doors open'.

At about 11.00 am I'll be the guy carrying armfuls of goodies to my car!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I'm riding down so just looking for the warmest day when I'm least likely to freeze my lady nuts off :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Was going to go Monday, but couldn't wait. Perhaps should have. Was chaotic today after about 11.00 am. Some very good stands. One of the standouts (aside from Honda) was the Brough Superior re-emergence. Magnificent looking machines. Probably sound okay too.

Some good value 'deals' to be had. Got myself an AGV helmet, RST leather jacket and an ABBA stand. As usual with such events, we pay through the nose for food and drink! Organisers should know that once we've spent our wages/savings on bikes and goodies, there's frig all left for food!!

10. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I was there saturday from about 3pm. Liked the blade on the racefit stand and there was a custom blade on pipewerx stand which i thought looked pretty cool.

Quite a few big name riders about.

11. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Been today , not enjoyed it as much as last year . Not a lot of new stuff out . Can’t bring new bikes out every year I know

12. T.C

T.C Elite Member

I was there today as well. I am bloody knackered :(;)

Had some good meetings, liked the Brough Superior (you can see the heritage, but £50K bar a pound? :eek:), ignored the supermarkets and was glad to get back in the car and head home.

Cost £32 plus fuel costs (didn't bother with food and drink) and to be honest, it was money I would have been better off saving but for the fact that I was there for work, so at least I will be able to claim costs back.

Would I pay to go there just as a visitor? No, I would prefer to go to Cologne or Milan,

13. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Are you there for the duration of the show mark, me and the misses are down at the weekend :D