New ‘blade for 2020?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by hitch, Sep 14, 2019.

1. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

Here is a rough estimate on key dates from my dealer;

Some key Time lines Approx (best i have so far)
    The 2020 Blade will be at Motorcycle live
    Price Announced 15th November
    Brochure out December
    CARBON - Race parts & Accessory Packs & Lists .. Prices December
    Uk Media launch @ Qatar 27th Jan - Feb 2nd ) MCN, Visor down & Fast Bikes etc
    First orders can be taken with us now
    Honda will open the order books & take orders from Jan
    First orders will be Shipped & eta for this is April 1st onwards
    March for showroom Demos

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Active Member

well i'm looking forward to sitting on the new blade, from what you guy's say at 6'4" it might feel a little compact

#282 Gaffa22, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Well-Known Member

Wow... you can really see how much lower the tank sits on the comparison pictures! I'd seen it somewhere saying it was least 45mm lower than the outgoing shape.... Though someone mentioned 5mm. Not sure you would even notice that little amount. But definitely looks considerably lower in the pictures. Think it's going to feel more like your sat on it rather than in it!...This might not suit some riders? I personally think its going to feel really extreme for taller riders and not very ergonomic.... Even at 5 9" The Pani feels so narrow and compact Vs the big fours. But it works for me. I love getting all tucked in and prone. Pretty sure the new Blade will be the same..

Rock on.... Its about time they got more focused and extreme....

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. nozdog

nozdog Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree. But there are still 2018 SPs and SP2s hanging around. These will of course be hit hard because no one will want them unless they are severely discounted. But then, like we have previously spoken, the whole model range depreciates.

Our USA friend and also member here, @RC45 , runs a thread on the USA forum, recording sales/location of SP2s. Here we are now, 18 months beyond the release of the 2018 'J' model SP2 and there remain at least 19 unsold in USA alone!!
    https://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/241209-2017-sp2-delivery-thread-37.html

Similarly, an eBay check here shows 4 or 5 brand newies available.

I guess everything sells eventually, but yes, nozdog, there'll be a few good bargains going!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nozdog

nozdog Active Member

I’ve got two blades 2011 track bike and a 2013 road bike but thinking about selling both to buy a 2019 blade.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wozza

Wozza Well-Known Member

Exactly I would not rush to buy the new one wait and see if any issues recalls 1st ....interest that BMW on the new X-R is not the new engine that bike came out nearly a year ago and still issues and many customers still waiting...at the end of the day the sp is mass produced there will be plenty to go round ....

• Like Like x 1
  9. LRJimmy

LRJimmy New Member

Nice bikes and love the Zorst on the road bike!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brom66

Brom66 New Member

I have a mental image in my mind of you with a ruler measuring items trying to scale them to your preferred size:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brom66

Brom66 New Member

It wont be long before someone copies that for the "2017-19 SP in carbon

12. Brom66

Brom66 New Member

I bet there be a few queuing waiting for a Chinese burn of some description:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Brom66

Brom66 New Member

So guess the price for both models ?

Brom66. Standard £19500 SP £23500

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dessp2

dessp2 Active Member

I know Nigel laughed and I get that. I am going off the shocking sales of the outgoing model. Therefore I pitch it at £19000 and £22000.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

That must be one of the lessons of the current Blade - as they sold once the price was lowered a bit.

The other initial problem, which they seem to have addressed with the new one, is the big difference in what they look like.

The current model the SP is the eye catching looker with the lovely paint job and gold wheels - at a price. The stocker in red and black is no looker in comparison.

The net effect is that you do not buy either. You do not buy the SP because it is too expensive, and you do not buy the stocker because it is not as good looking as the SP, which is the one you really want. That is what happened to me anyway.

Now the two seem very similar in appearance - if someone does not want to pay the premium for the SP then the stocker looks almost the same and a buyer would be just as happy with that I am sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Standard £18999
    SP £23450

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wozza

Wozza Well-Known Member

That's why I would not buy the new sp as the standard looks the same and if the standard is 19k they would be having a laugh ...16k max would be my guess...my view is that the sp paint job should be different bit like when I had my 14 plate in HRC colours they then did the same scheme on a cbr 500....so that went....

18. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Active Member

£16595 and £19595.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Agree. A very valid argument.

I have made my points bout electronics on another thread. I do not need (nor can justify as an average rider) Ohlins and Brembos. I do not need a quickshifter, but they are damn useful. But I like them for the spec, the bling factor, and it being the top model.

But, the key question as raised is can we justify the suspected £3 - 5K extra for these elaborate additions. I will get one of these bikes, BUT it will be a serious thought process about how far I would stretch for what really is very little extra.

Re pricing, even though @Lozzy was admittedly out of the park with a previous forecast, I think she's pretty close now. The technical innovation and higher spec (diamond coated carbon or whatever) will defo raise the price. But it cannot be overly disproportionate to other makes. I too would see the base a shade under £20K with the SP perhaps stretching to £24K.

As previously stated, pricing will be announced on the 15th - the day prior to NEC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Standard priced at £1500 more than the r1 and the SP £1500 more than the r1m.

• Like Like x 2