New ‘blade for 2020?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by hitch, Sep 14, 2019.

1. RC45

RC45 Active Member

I was not talking about the actual physical turn signals hanging off the back of the bike that are either taped up or thrown in the bin if the bike is on the track - who cars about that?

I am talking about the great big green flashing lights on the dash board. What an annoying waste of time. The dash is supposed to be an abbreviate quick review summary of current status, and now you have to contend 2 extra distracting green lights among the rest of the flashing blinking lights?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

It's actually 299 in 4th with 1000 rpm to go

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maad

Maad Active Member

Ah sure, I assumed that once the physical lights are removed, perhaps they wouldn't also blink on the dash? I haven't had a chance to double check via the video. If they stay active on the dash, definitely can be super annoying, maybe they'll patch it via software update and rider feedback etc? Here's hoping anyway :rolleyes:

4. RC45

RC45 Active Member

500rpm to go.

I believe redline is 14,500rpm.

Pretty tall gearing to exploit the redline. With stock fueling at 14.7:1 by EU regulatory requirement, I can see the SC82 in lower gears at low rpm pinging and knocking like a futhamucka on normal poor quality street fuel and soliciting a lot of complaints from riders trying to enjoy lazy street riding on their expensive new Honda.

I am also wondering if Honda have not doctored these press bikes with richer fueling to stave of any change of engine damage at sustained 14,500rpm sessions banging the blue limit light.

We will notice as soon as the first civilians take ownership.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Sorry, I just watched it and commented from memory before starting work in the morning - so apologies for getting the detail in my comments a bit wrong.

As pointed out it is actually quicker - 299 in 4th gear with revs still to go !

Will this have to be run on 100 octane fuel then - and not that ethanol mix stuff ?

6. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

Dashboard

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Nithesh

Nithesh New Member

the CBR/CB650R already had the stomp on your brakes and activate hazard lights function.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

Another good review (has subtitles)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. RC45

RC45 Active Member

The propaganda is strong with this new Honda I see.

10. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I thought that Italian review was very good. You get some pretty exotic materials used in the bike's manufacture that warrant the price.

What was it he said - something like be careful what you do with it 'cause it feels like a 600.

The road version should be called the CBR custodial sentence :D you will be doing 180 mph in 4th

I wonder if our Nigel has woken up to what he has signed up to yet !:D

11. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

Re 600: I guess all he meant you have to high-rev it to get any decent power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Agreed, but there is a warning - he is saying it may feel like a 600 but it has 217 HP so pay attention ..

pay attention.png

13. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

14. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Honda have abandoned making a sportsbike for the road now. The Fireblade as we knew it is dead. Welcome to a time where nobody can justify the cost of a £23k track weapon that needs to be revved to high heaven. Not surprised its getting some decent reviews..... a load of track happy journalists on a moto gp circuit in 25 degree sunshine. Think I'd see the positives if I was there too. Let's see what they say about it on a midweek night in Stoke under the lights.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Do race results drive sales that much that Honda had to go down this insane route? If I was asked what I wanted from the next blade I'd say, character, grunt, high build quality, decent brakes, cruise control, heated grips, good looks and comfy riding position. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

I feel you. But, not a single motorbike manufacturer makes money on superbikes. Best-sellers are always BMW GS and Ducati Multistrada.

re 25C and sunshine, I guess you just have to book Almeria and be done with UK tracks.

17. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

One in 6 superbikes sold is a V4s so Ducati are listening ....

18. cbrbadboy

cbrbadboy New Member

do you have superbikes vs. GS/multistrada/superadventure sales by hand ?

19. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Yea I know what you mean, they aren't necessarily building the new blade to make money and that's up to them. It's just annoying that they've departed so far from what the Fireblade stood for and have nothing there to fill the gap. CB1000R doesn't cut it for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RC45

RC45 Active Member

The bike includes nothing spectacular that warrants the price. All the competitors use the very same pool of tech.

• Agree Agree x 2