New Blade or 2015 BMW S1000RR

Discussion in 'New Members' started by rosso, Nov 25, 2015.

1. rosso

rosso New Member

2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

optimistic-quotes-1.jpg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I would have gone for the new BMW sport if I had not bought an R1, but to be fair, mine is mostly for track, so track bike is more important to me than road bike :D

So it's true then, blades are better for girls ;) is that what you mean lol :D

4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Correct.... If you mean that paying for all them fangly electronics make you faster than me by 0.9 secs faster on't fish n chip run t' coast :p :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Myself personally I don't like the look of the BMW.

Bit like the fugly guy out of the goonies.
    [​IMG]

They call it art. I call it just weird.

Now don't take that as me being a brand snob, as that's 1 thing I'm not.

I'm just waiting to see what takes my fancy over the next 6 months and will pick from there what bike I choose next.

Nothing so far though has made me want to change from the blade as a 'road bike' yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I've heard you gals find them fangly electronics a little hard to master :p :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Got a feeling the new gsxr is going to be a bit decent mate..... Can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Dunno why but could tempt me back on a sports bike :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

BMW S1000RR and consider the new 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R, or wait for the new Blade which will come out maybe in 2020 !
    There are some cheap Fireblade SP on the market also.

10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Don't need em, we get ahead by sheer brilliance & the well known fact that man is made to follow 'booty' ... not lead :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Carlo

Carlo Active Member

What he said the all conquering zx10 or the BMW unfortunately the blade just doesn't have it any more

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Ok so the zx, bmw etc might be ahead and I can't wait for honda to get their act together & shove it up everyone with a new Blade but the reality is that on the roads it's down to the rider a lot a the time & not the bike! Yes the Blades running behind but if I got Mr Rossi to run mine for a month in the summer they'd be a lot a bikers going WTF was that!! as they frantically punched all their electronic gizmos :D.....Continua a sognare :cool:

13. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Lozzy I'm surprised you're getting involved in a dick swinging contest!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Lol...too much vino last night :oops:...testorone back to normal girlie levels this morning :D

15. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

bmw customers care is ( like ducati , mv agusta , benelli ,) a nightmare

Can say that as:
    bmw s1000r and RR
    Ex bmw worker
    Living corr. 5 km from bmw bike factory
    (where more hondas in bmw workers parking lot than other....):rolleyes:

16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Here's a nice one for the stumpy legged lot :D

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

As if on cue have you seen this months Performance Bikes ?

18. Alblade

Alblade God Like

My 2008 has done something like 100k, when the original engine was inspected at 80,000 to every last nut and bolt by two independent engineers / forensic vehicle examiners there was almost zero wear to any parts - it was perfect and I have many images to prove this (best not to ask why this was needed BTW...).

In that time the ONLY part to fail was the horn switch in Spain when it stuck on as I pulled into a garage with 3 police cars being washed!

Its needed consumables like chain, wheel bearings etc. the original clutch lasted to 80k when it needed the replacement engine.

It has never left me at the side of the road and I've never doubted it would fail to get me home - its been through worse weather / road conditions than many GS BMW's ever see (think snow, sludge, off road tracks up to Pyrenean Dams etc. )

I've got friends with S1000rr's who love them, but they've experienced rusty sumps, total electrical switchgear failure (x2) and other 'niggles' but when they work right they love them. One pal did almost 30k on his MK1, then got a MK2 which was a big improvement, then a year ago switched to a MK3 as it was so significantly better he was happy to trade up (despite no intention prior to test ride).

A pal borrowed my blade for 4 months and included a trip round Europe and found it has impeccable road manners , goes more than fast enough for real world riding but has the most forgiving handling / power delivery he could not fault it. I should point out he rides a variety of bikes for work with extra buttons / switches fitted.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rosso

rosso New Member

The more consideration I give the more I feel reliability will be a key factor in my decision. I like to make purchases for the long term and like the idea of racking up decent miles on a bike (possible with the 899 while under warranty if you don't mind all the downtime, financial suicide after). I suspect the 2015 s1k will be very good but its still too new to make long term reliability judgements (Aesthetics wise I prefer the 2012 bike & the 2015 motorsport paint job simply does not work for me - sorry @And7rp2!).
    Just need a little time away from work & kids to get out on both.