New Fireblade -1st Racing Season (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Mattie660, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but BOSCH have got previous form - VW dieselgate being the case in point.

I thought the IMU controlled all the electronics - the central processor controlling all of for all the electronics - and it is these electronics that have been causing the issues for Honda in racing.

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not Bosch that gives the fuel efficiency figures that is all VW! To be honest blaming Bosch is way off the mark! All the fault lays at honda's door

#22 sps170373, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

It uses a series specified ecu, no tc, no wheelie etc so I can't see why they would retain the stock Bosch imu.
    Now the superstocks is another matter.......

4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I really do not know enough about it, to be honest - but I do not hold BOSCH electronics to be beyond criticism - just like any component on the bike.
    Maybe they should sort out better ways of interacting with the data, and the ability to simulate changes in an easier way.

Anyway, back to the racing :)

WSBK - Testing at Aragon today
    Bradl 1' 50.685
    Hayden 1' 50.837

As we have seen in WSBK - the leading Ducatis and Kawasakis are in a different league really - posting low 1' 49s. Maybe all that we can hope for is to beat the twin Yamahas of Van der Mark and Lowes - even that seems a way off, but would be a great result.

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

It's not just BSB and WSBK where Honda are struggling. They were shown to be lacking at MotoGP as well. They appear to have rested on their laurels too long and are now coming up short. If it wasn't for Marquez Honda would be looking even worse than they currently are.

Is it a coincidence that MM is now willing to accept points rather than going balls out for a win?

6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

So why is Bosch not beyond criticism??

All the other manufacturers use Bosch (BMW, aprilia, etc) products without any hitch and yet Honda tried to cover up and ignore its own abs problems before using Bosch!

and as @sp1n99 has said they all use a control ecu which is probably made by motec or similar

7. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Wonder how it will get on at the tt this year

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

maybe its a bit like football.... The best teams attract the best players.

for all this electronic finger pointing.... Maybe the blame lays on the variable sitting on it and building the bikes?

or maybe its a just a shit bike which isn't surprising considering Hondas seemingly lack of interest in getting the bike to the teams on time or upping the anti on competition.

maybe its a bit of both.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Maybe you are right about lack of commitment from Honda - but I don't think the new Blade is a bad bike.

I think it is a strategic error by Honda to rely on a competitor to provide the 'keys' that control their new product. Honda are a major Japanese motor manufacturer that competes against German rivals among others.

I think it a strategic mistake to give that level of control of your product to a national competitor.

Ducati is German owned, as is BMW. The other motorcycle manufacturers, with the possible exception of Suzuki, do not compete in the automotive space with German car manufacturers - but Honda does. And now Honda has effectively put a German private company in charge of its new motorcycle.

This is all just thinking out loud - certainly not making accusations !!

Anyway, we will see how it pans out. I hope the new bike is reliable and stable enough at race pace to be raced at the TT. It could be disastrous if it has any kind of issues with its engine management being unpredictable - see how it gets on at the North West 200 in May.

10. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

think you over reading into it mate. They turn up to race and be competitive....and know that bike inside out. Anything not up to scratch gets changed. Regardless of what's on the show room bikes.

it'll do well at tt. No doubt.

maybe that's down to the pilot tho.

honestly. On track, just don't think it cuts the mustard unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  11. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Pmsl so Honda turn out a turd and it's Germany's fault? Kawasaki, aprillia don't seem to be having a problem with the same control electronics and if Germany is fiddling things howcome the S1000rr isn't winning WSB?

Honda have been lazy and skimmed some weight off the old blade and given it some led lights and skinnier fairings! All manufacturers now have to use the Bosch abs system as per euro regulations which is a lot safer than the Honda c-abs abortion!

I love my Honda but to be honest this really isn't a new bike like it was in 2008! It's just another lazy update like they did in 2012 with just some bolt on electronics and new clothes

If Honda wanted to win they would have some hungry riders

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Most bikes in the EU have to have ABS. These EU rules most likely a result of corporate lobbying of the EU - and guess who benefits from all EU bikes having to have ABS - whose order book suddenly shoots up :D

If the scale of the VW dieselgate scandal has not woken you up to the scale of corporate criminality then you are living in cloud cuckoo land !

You have to appreciate that you cannot go pointing fingers and making direct accusations on an open forum - you have to moderate what you say - otherwise you will get shat on from a very great height.

Anyway, enough of all that - looking forward to seeing if the Fireblade can claw its way up the results sheet of BSB and WSK, and the TT. I bought my 2015 Blade in HRC colours a few weeks after John McGuinness broke the lap record when he won the Senior TT.

No TT win - no sale ;)

13. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Here we go, do you really think it's only vag? There was a programme about it and the tested other makes and models. Guess what they all failed

14. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

In more realistic on-road tests, some Honda models emitted six times the regulatory limit of NOx pollution while some unnamed 4x4 models had 20 times the NOx limit coming out of their exhaust pipes.

15. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

So Honda ignoring there own C-abs problems isn't corporate criminality?

And as you keep missing the point it's not Bosch supplying the control ecu for racing!!!!

And VW aren't the only manufacturer to cover up problems! Toyota did with their braking problem, Suzuki with their brake caliper problems hence switching to brembo or is that Germanys fault as well???

Fact is Honda haven't bothered on wsb otherwise they wouldn't let a third party tuner be it's face of racing, hired leading riders, actually redesigned a new bike rather than new clothes again on an 8 year old design!

Your claims are nearly as mad as people who claim they can tell bike is more powerful from listening to a you tube video!

16. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

17. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Them bloody Germans I bet

18. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Lol...oh Mattie, they're picking on you again