New Hayabusa

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mattie660, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

New Hayabusa out...rather liking that

#1 Mattie660, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Yeah me too

3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

They have sharpened it up a bit styling wise - not as bulbous or rounded looking as the old one. The exhausts aren't too bad either. Nice colour scheme - I reckon Suzuki have done a good job of that and it likely won't cost a fortune either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Sub £15k iirc, a lot of bike for the money imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

@Mattie660 wouldn't you end up in the sea within 2 seconds with a quick wind on of the throttle where you live? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

I had the very first edition, unrestricted! a full Yoshi, Filter and PC, lightweight wheels and some rearsets..... It was a bloody missile! And didn’t handle to bad considering the weight:cool: It won highest Dyno power at Crescent Motorcycles in Verwood when they first opened..... Big bad Busa

• Like Like x 2
  7. dainesefreak

One of the sales guys at a local dealership had a supercharged Busa, used to do stand up wheelies on it down the road through the Gatos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I don't know, there are some places where you can .......:rolleyes:

More worried about ending up in clink :D

It would be to use on trips to France and beyond - like in the days before 'rona - if we ever get back to those days again..:(

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

That must have been bonkers..... I remember back in the day TTS used to do a roll in roll out Turbo Kit! Obviously running low boost so no need for engine strengthening. As if it’s not quick enough! Mine was totally bonkers at full chat... Super fast all day cruise missile to go touring on.

10. dainesefreak

It'd had some serious work done from the looks of it. The swing arm looked like something you'd take drag racing.

11. derchef

derchef Well-Known Member

The end of a myth
    Like an aging actress of some circus , gaudy made up to make her look 20 years younger .
    Another missed opportunity from Suzuki....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Thank you for making my laugh over my cornflakes !

You may be right, but not sure I agree.

For a sportsbike like the new CBR or V4S you can say that the large amount of horsepower can be used on the track - even use the bike just for track riding in some cases.

But it is unlikely that the Hayabusa will be used as a track racing bike - it is a road bike. So it seems why have more horsepower when there is a 186 mph limit. They have given it more mid-range power which is what you want for a road bike.

Being ECU rather than analogue the bike can have all kinds of ECU flashes if you want to take it drag racing. It can very easily be tuned to 200 or much more with added turbo - if that is what you want to do.

The bike sits on the showroom floor meeting Euro 5 regulations - where you go after that is up to you.

The price is reasonable and personally I like the look of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. derchef

For that you can buy an h2 sx , air filter , end can , some cheap zx10r titan header and link pipe , ecu flash , h2 Injectors , you will be near 240 up to 255 hp at the rear wheel . Integrated side panniers (you can ride over 250 km/h without issues) .... and few other useless shit included .
    Sorry that´s the hayabusa people was waiting in 2016 not in 2021 .
    Like the GSX-s 1000 they still not understand how the market is evolving , sale numbers are the answer or the question.
    Good bike with lot of potential not refined , to spare what ?
    money o_O ?
    Yeah cause if they gonna quote a proper hayabusa 1500 euro more , no one sure gonna buy it :D
    It´s not a fucking NC750....
    Riders were waiting for 220 BHP and 15 kg less
    Missing opportunity for Hamamatsu
    Already had my rant with suzuki japan about .....:rolleyes:

14. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Whilst I was hoping that the announcement was that Suzuki was bring out a new gixxer that could compete in WSBK like they now do in MotoGP you can't fault their bikes like the gixxus. Go to the parts bin, get a load of proven* and available bits like a K5 engine, wrap it up for a reasonable price, and then put it out there.

OK it isn't a hyper-naked, and it won't win competitions, but it's a decent litre bike for under £10k.

I suspect the people who will buy the new Hayabusa aren't the people who would buy a new blade/zx10/Panigale. Different people want different bikes, after all Honda did the Vultus and people bought them.

*except the rear shock that is abysmal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. derchef

I know the gsx-s 1000 is a good bike i have 2016 and 2019 models .... ( engine is more a K7 than a K5 BTW )
    Both are with wilbers rear shock and Andreani öhlins catridges (plus other goodies)

Problem is the new Busa is not what the market was asking , and the market always does justice to the less successful models .

16. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

If you want a new Hayabusa - better get your order in :eek:

Suzuki reckon they have sold half the UK allocation already and they haven't even arrived in showrooms yet .....

Maybe next year :rolleyes: (and keep the Monster)

17. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

They certainly could have done more..... not even a TFT dash!!!.... I’m a massive Busa fan having owned the first carnation. It’s not a big enough improvement over the previous model. But you know it will still be a sleeper with devastating torque and usability.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Granted people have different opinions and there is not a right or wrong at the end of the day.

Personally the Horsepower thing - should it be 1,600 cc producing 250 hp and capable of doing 300 kmh in 3rd gear - is that meaningful to me as a potential customer - No.

Personally the thing has plenty of horsepower and then some, for me as a road rider - who gives a crap that it is slightly down on the previous gen.

If you want it to produce 750 hp - then put a blower on it and take it to Santa Pod where such a thing belongs. But for the road this thing is well into custodial territory - easily custodial sentence territory - is another 50 hp going to be any possible use to me as a road rider ? No it isn't - not even one little bit.

The only concern for me is that they have reduced the fuel tank capacity by 1 litre - that could affect its viability as a big sports tourer which is what I want it for.

I like the styling - not that I had to get used to it, but liked it straight away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I never liked the previous styling but in recent years they have grown on me. Seem to be a very marmite bike but you dont often hear bad reports on how they ride so they obviously got that very right. If you are batting about doing long distances then probably no better 2 wheeler to be on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. derchef

Due corona i´m not wondering the sold already half of the allocation , if you think for other models was sold the whole allocation already in early feb.