New Hayabusa

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mattie660, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

You may be right, I do not know about other models - I think you are in the motorcycle business so perhaps you know these things.

Our local Suzuki dealership is very small but they have already sold a Hayabusa - someone is trading in their Gen 2 for it. So hopefully I will see it at local bike meetings as we are out of lockdown now.

2. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

I was in Crescent Suzuki yesterday and I think the salesman said they had sold 15 or 16 so far.

Really like the 2022 in white - and according to the special offer sticker you get a free bit of carpet with Suzuki written on it if you buy one now :eek:

OOOOHHHHH - look away look away :D

upload_2022-3-19_20-12-16.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. warren smart

warren smart Active Member

I wasn’t really ever into hayabusa’s and then a few weeks ago this came up for sale and I couldn’t say no.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/emkkn0k
    I’ve been going through it and serviced everything as it stood for five years in a collection.

4. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

That looks a bit special - what is the story behind it being in a collection ?

5. warren smart

Yoshimura built the hayabusa x1 for the suzuka endurance race and then sold one hundred replicas to the public, a german guy wanted one but couldn't get one so he approached kainzinger tuning in germany to build a replica for him, this is what they built but to a higher spec, it's 1400cc with pankl to rods, lightened balanced and nitrided crank, cosworth pistons, yoshi cams, ported heads, full yoshi ti system, ohlins forks/shock, spiegler discs and nissin wsb calipers, marchesini magnesium wheels, yoshimura x1 bodywork and 24ltr fuel tank and road legal, its 198bhp with 111 lbs ft of torque, it sat in a few collections for years and the last was for 6 years. i bought it through silverstone auctions a few weeks ago and i have been going through it and servicing everything, it's all done now and just needs insuring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

That sounds like a quest in itself :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

nice brakes, I’ve been looking for some of those billet nissin calipers for my zx7r for ages

• Like Like x 1
  8. warren smart

They’re seriously rare now, you can get used radial from a guy on Facebook called Ryan.
    https://www.facebook.com/RyansRaceParts/