New HM GP Quickshifter available now.

Discussion in 'HM Quickshifter' started by Toby LeRone, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Toby LeRone

Toby LeRone Active Member

HM Quickshifters launch the final say in Quickshifter technology.

Now you too can have the MotoGP seemless shift with the all new HM GP Quickshifter which currently only 4 riders in the world have experienced riding with seemless gearbox's. What we have achieved here is the same seemless shift but through software coupled with our already world proven Quickshifters. Launched at the Valencia GP we are extremely pleased to now offer this top level GP shifter to all after years in the making. Featuring the all new HMSS (HM Seemless Shift) technology we are now able to to offer to all a true 'seemless' shift. We could not be more happy with the results and this has been seen by many who have featured in our extensive and exhustive testing program.

"HMSS System to beat chosen shift times to save significant accumulated time over a lap and produce seemingly 'seemless' shifts"

"Fully and continuously dynamic self learning, self learning, very fast and incredibly accurate gear determination" as not seen by any other shifter!!!

"Each gear has its own kill time and sensitivity settings"

Want to learn more about this and the many more features it has, then please go to our downloads page and products page to see all the benefits this shifter has to offer and you will realise that this is truely the "be all and end all" when it comes to Quickshifting technology!!

Also, during the testing that we were doing with some of the biggest and best known teams in the racing industry today, we also sent some units to real world riders to and 1 off these guys chosen was a member from this very forum so I'm sure you will soon hear his views as well and the 1 thing we made clear at the start of testing, we need honest and truthful feedback to help develop this unit and that is what we have had from all and now gives us this unit which we are so very pleased to announce.

Prices start at £650 + options and VAT where applicable. Please see here HMQUICKSHIFTER :: The Next Generation Quickshifter
    *Currently only availble for Honda and Suzuki- more bikes coming very soon​

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Own up ... Who had one of these and managed to keep it a secret !

Looks cool !!!! :)

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Look forward to hearing from this person

4. just_me _and _me _bike

So for is numptys who aint gor a clue, wot is a quickshifter, wot does it do, how does it do it, is it worth the mod and is it a time consuming mod??

Thank you in advance :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

there goes the kids xmas presents Jamie!!! it's all commercial rubish anyway.... they will enjoy hearing parp parp parp off the drive come spring anyway! lol

6. Jamiestrada

Its a device which temporaraly cuts the fuel or spark to the engine to unload the gearbox allowing you to shift gear, without releasing the throttle at any revs, reducing shift time, making you quicker on the track.

In the real world it does all the above but makes you want to shift up at max chat all day long because it sounds epic !

HM are the best IMO others make them as well, time to fit ? 2 hrs ish for HM Plus as you have to conect harness to the coils.

Great bit of kit which I couldnt live without now I have had one :)

Hope this helps a bit

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jamiestrada

luckily for them I bought a HM Plus second hand of a guy in Portugal ! Its all fitted and Parp, parp, parping away.....

They still aint getting anything ... I want ohlins damn it, they can survive on one meal a day a little longer lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Awesome!

#8 arthurbikemad, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  9. Jamiestrada

I would of put money on it being you Arthur !

Also sensor should be different colour Blue or something to stand out as GP ... Just a thought ;)

10. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

One person from this forum been testing it Tony.... ???
    I did nt get it mate can you resend it cheers..... ;)

11. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

yeah but this one is soooooo much better apparently! lol

ps - should of got the sp :( sorry dude... couldnt resist

12. Jamiestrada

That's it HM plus for sale lol and 2013 repsol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I'll give you a good price on the old QS....

£50? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Souleh

Souleh Active Member

Reading from your site this looks to be alot more than a QS upgrade? Auto blip on downshift, built in TC?!

15. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

:)

Sorry Guy's, I was sworn to secrecy

What an awesome bit of kit, I feel very lucky to have been able to assist with real world testing.

Here's a quick summery of my thoughts on the comparison between the GP and Plus.

You can use the GP for shifts between 1st & 2nd.

It's usable across the entire rev range, I've been using it from as low as 2k in every gear! Gear changers are silky smooth the vast majority of the time.

It has a cool feature called "inhibit shift when in 6th", the plus doesn't know what gear your in so if the shifters triggered when already in 6th it will do it's thing. The GP knows what gear your in, and will inhibit the shift.

Whilst you can set the durations and force settings for each gear individually the GP knows when the duration can be shortened, putting power back on quicker.

You can view and amend all settings in a configuration tool, the event logs that are reasonably easy to read. The logs detail what RPM each shift is activated, the force applied, if HMSS kicked in to reduce the duration and much more.

There are "failsafe's" that keep the system in check, if they kick in these are viewable via the logs. The failsafes can be turned off if required, one for example is "more than 5 shifts in 5 seconds"

In short, I personally find the GP much more usable across the entire rev range with some great added features above that available on the Plus.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Jamiestrada

I bet the auto blip is awesome ! so you basically only use the clutch to start off and thats it ?

17. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

I definitely want one and with the down blipper too!!! :D

Ps dave will help me fit it too so what a result!! ;)

18. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Dave does this mean you can waltz past Mr Mines the fastest (black zx10) when you see him next.I've got to see his face when you do.:D

19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Who's mr mines sideways!?

20. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

Can you confirm for the downshifts you don't need the clutch then, definatley need a good slipper clutch then ;)

Would there be a big difference for the track then? as I don't shift at 2000, 3000 or 8000 revs, earliest would be around 10, the rest would be around the redline...