New(ish) member!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by fireblader28, Sep 15, 2011.

1. fireblader28

fireblader28 Active Member

Hi all,
    Joined this a while ago but not had time to think let alone type! Do i keep this short and sweet or go into a bit of detail??!! Here goes...

My name's Matt, I'm from Bedford originally but have moved up to Lincoln now. After 8 years addicted to gsxrs (and after my fifth gearbox rebuild) i went back to Honda and bought a mint RR8 in february. Loved it to bits but decided i would downgrade to an RR5 when a nice clean one came along at a good price....
    My logic was that i could buy the RR5 and make it lighter and faster and still have cash left over. I've achieved that now, and the bike i've made makes me smile every second i'm on it. Dont get me wrong, the RR8 was amazing, but i've made the RR5 mine, and its individual and constantly evolving.

Anyway, i've put a few pictures up. The list of mods is pretty lengthy and i have more planned for the winter including a Honda legends replica paintjob :eek:)
    Sorry about the long list but its my baby:

2005 RR5
    Full titanium Akrapovic (ex BSB!)
    Power commander III (to be replaced with a Bazazz this winter) Dyno'd at 159bhp at the wheel
    K&N filter
    Intake smoothed, flapper valve removed, PAIR system removed
    BST carbon fibre wheels (not pictured!) with Brembo 320mm disc conversion
    Brembo 19x20 master cylinder
    Venhill braided brake and clutch hoses
    Ohlins rear shock
    Afam 320 chain/sprocket conversion (-1 front, +1 rear)
    HRC quick action throttle
    HRC rear brake reservoir
    Carbon front mudguard
    Sprocket cover lightened
    Pazzo clutch lever
    Cut down Harris number plate hanger
    LED indicators, integrated rear light/indicators
    Carbon single seat cover
    RR7 swingarm ready to be fitted (maybe...)

Hope to speak to you soon and am keen to give any advice as well as pick the brains of the blade experts!
    Attached a pic of both blades before i sold the RR8, it wont let me upload a pic of the rr5 in its current state!

Attached Files:

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Matt

Great introduction post, great mod list.

I'd say welcome but it's a bit late now.

Cheers

Ken

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Welcome matt, I also ride an RR5, nice to have someone close by, I'm in Grantham and we have Hondo in Sleaford.

If your through Grantham give me a bell?

4. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

well mate and great list of mods just not digging the colour scheme so much if i am honest. BUT its what you like that counts

Si

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Welcome Matt

thats a tasty looking mod list.. look forward to seeing an unto date pic

6. fireblader28

Here's the most recent pic i have, not got any with the carbon wheels/brembo discs fitted yet! First pic is before fitting the Ohlins rear but shows the huge bore of the exhaust, second is with ohlins and experimenting with a different set of lower fairings i had laying around.
    After 7 winters riding i fancy being sat in traffic being annoyed but warm and dry, so i've just bought a car and the blade is sat in my garage awaiting more mods.
    I'm not well off by a long shot but i'm torn between an engine tune (port/polish/blueprint and HRC pistons etc) or a supercharger. At the moment i'd rather go for a decent tune but i cant help thinking that i could get more power with equal reliability by going for the latter. A turbo is out of the question as i dont want to lose my titanium Akra system. 180bhp tune or a 200+ supercharger?!
    I've also got a load of carbon sheet and resin from my days in the RAF so i'm going to make some moulds over the winter and make some stuff; full intake, tank infills, brackets etc. Will get some pictures up as and when i make stuff and if anyone wants copies i can knock them up real cheap. They can either be mega light and strong, or pretty but not as light!

Attached Files:

7. fireblader28

Hi, i have a brembo MC with reservoir off a gsxr 750 K5 i just bought, 19x20 ratio. It'll bolt straight onto your blade as its identical to the item on mine! Was going to put it on ebay with the rest of the bike but if you're interested give me a shout!

8. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

That sure is one large pipe you got on there ... I've got a BSB system on my 08 as well but its not that fat :no:

I'm liking the blue lowers .. goes well

9. dan.1moore1

I would get the engine tuned up mate , More reliable IMO

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome again

11. dan.1moore1

Sorry to highjack but REMAL I wanna see your GoPro footage ... lol come on son , get some vids up