New Lid?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dainesefreak, Jul 7, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Love the idea of front and rear camera vision. I think that will carry one helluva price tag!

2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I think I'd worry about watching everything else and not watching the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Naz

Naz Active Member

There was another company in America who started this design, can’t remember the name of it, helmet idea was the same, they basically had everyone preorder and used the money for the development and manufacture of it but it never materialised as the people were using the money to go to strip clubs and buy expensive cars.:oops: The secretary reported them obviously she wasn’t getting a big enough cut

thousands of people who paid 1k each lost there money.

I would be tempted but I think all that info on the screen would take my attention away from the road where it should be but then I could feel young again and pretend to be street hawk! :rolleyes: Maybe not all of you folk remember that program! :(

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, there's no doubt the screen would act as a diversion. It seems as if there might be more information available to absorb than just a routine glance at the conventional 'dash' (bike or car).

Good point about the pre-order money. Many stories of similar nature crop up from the likes of crowdfunding 'schemes'!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Naz

Naz Active Member

6225"]Yep, there's no doubt the screen would act as a diversion. It seems as if there might be more information available to absorb than just a routine glance at the conventional 'dash' (bike or car).

Good point about the pre-order money. Many stories of similar nature crop up from the likes of crowdfunding 'schemes'![/QUOTE]

I doubt it would be road legal anyway, I believe your not permitted to use things like the google glasses whilst driving / riding which had/has similar features. I guess if you was caught riding and let’s say worst case scenario be involved in a accident, you could be prosecuted for using it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

It's currently going through UK testing apparently.

7. Naz

Naz Active Member

8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I like the idea of having the info available without having to look down, trouble is most of the info they show is useless to me. I don't care if someone is calling me, and I definitely don't want Alexa there, she's a big enough pain in the house!

If they just replicated the dash and had a GPS feed that would keep me happy, especially if I didn't have to have my phone connected to the lid all the time.

As for having a lithium ion battery inside the lid, no thanks I have seen what they go up like when things go wrong, at least with my cardo scala it is on the outside.

9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

So that calculates to just shy of 15 million ($US) raised and wasted. Shame for the investors. Hopefully, the Weller brothers got some investment in jail time.