New member - 2019 Fireblade

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Neils400, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Neils400

Neils400 New Member

Hi Guys,

I felt I took my previous bike, a monster 821 as far as I could hustling it around Donington Park without wanting to spend a large chunk of money chasing a more comfortable track riding position etc... so decided to buy this bad boy - it's got far too much power for me and I'm hanging on for dear life, but it's better that way than be underpowered and it's got modes etc... so I'm confident I'll find it quicker and easier to lap Donington.

It's a 2019 model that came with an Akrapovic slip on and carbon mount, quickshifter/blipper, tail tidy, R&G footpeg protection, and rad guard - the dealer remapped it to suit the pipe too.

I've bought some R&G fork sliders, some racing fork mounted stoplocks, and some G&B Racing engine covers to fit as this will be hopefully doing a few trackdays.

Still want to get rear R&G swingarm sliders, stomp grips, carbon frame and swingarm covers, and some cheap road fairings but that's a long term plan.

Would like some help with the Akra slip on - no idea what sort of dB it's producing or whether it's road legal or not. My next trackday at Donington is 28/07/2022 and it's a loud day so it's not a concern at the moment.
    There's no hole to screw in a baffle so I'm guessing it's probably road legal? I can't see anything stamped "not for road use" which is the normal sign. I guess I need to get myself a dB app although I'm not sure these are going to be reliable... Seems like a ball ache to swap the slip on back to the road one and reconnect the flapper valve cables.
    118793_62b9cd037c7b6.jpg
    Neil
    Lichfield, Staffs

• Like Like x 6
  2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Hi and welcome to the forum Neil. Haven't seen one with the deep white band on the tank before but looks to flow nicely

• Like Like x 1
  3. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Welcome Neil

• Like Like x 1
  4. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Hello and welcome, these 2019 Fireblades are getting very popular lately.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Hello and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neils400

Neils400 New Member

So far then I've installed the following:

Full GB Racing engine protection - bit of fun getting familiar with the fairing connections but other than that an easy install

Front fork R&G protection (luckily I already have the right size socket for the front axle bolt as it's the same as my 2015 VFR800

and a brake lever guard - which turned out to be brake lever bracket off and throttle assembly partially removed (to slide up) to get to the Honda vibration protection bits - what a pain! my old Ducati literally had plastic end caps on the bars!

All ready for Donington 28th July now!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jay Floyd

Jay Floyd Active Member