New Member from US... need some insight please...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by run4cover, Jun 9, 2018.

1. run4cover

run4cover New Member

Hi, I mainly registered here to ask a question, but I do own a cbr1000rr, so I will be an active site member...I actually own (2) cbr1000rr's...they are both 2006 models...one I recently gave a facelift to (some may not like the extended swingarm, but I drag race, sooo...the other cbr I bought wrecked and I'm currently rebuilding it. I love performance and HP, so I ported a spare cylinder head that I bought and installed it onto the cbr I'm currently building....I also designed some velocity stacks and have them installed as well. I will list the mods to each bike....the HRC colored cbr was supposed to get turbocharged, and that's what leads me here... I ordered some turbo parts from a shop in the U.K. called Holeshot racing... I've sent them money since March, and they were corresponding via email nicely up until 4/3/2018...that's the last time I received an email from them saying I was next in the que....I'm a very patient person, but when the communication stops, it throws a red flag....have any of you dealt with this Jarrod "jack" Frost of Holeshot racing? I bank wired him the money and he verified that he received it (I have all of the saved emails), but now there is no response to my emails simply asking for a progress report.

Anyways, if I get ripped off, it won;t deter me from building fast cbr's, because I have a host of HRC parts i've been accumulating over the past few years... I had my heart set on another turbo bike since my turbo gixxer k4 was stolen a few years ago...now this! Oh well, that's life I guess. On to the good stuff; my HRC schemed Blade has "Hurricane" on the tank and category 4 on the lowers, Arashi wheels and front rotors, bmc race filters, +2 rear sprocket, and arrow header connected to an akrapovick rear piece...the bike is uncommonly fast for whats done to it.

The other cbr that I'm building will have a full yosh rs5 exhaust, k&N filters, 520 conversion -1, self-ported head, custom velocity stacks, and I will map them both with a bazzaz. IMAG0530-20180608-231455687.jpg IMAG0537.jpg IMAG0539-20180608-23145425.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi there and welcome. Heaps of mods, heaps of money, heaps of enjoyment.

Can't help with the 'Holeshot' situation, but I hope it's soon sorted for you.

3. run4cover

run4cover New Member

Thank you for the welcome... actually I've owned an 08 r1, 04 gsxr1000, 00 hayabusa, and an 04 zx10r... I modified all of those bikes (except for the r1, I traded it before I started modding it) and general parts for the cbr is waaay cheaper than what I was paying for the other bikes. Performance parts though, the Honda still isn't bad, it's just parts availability is very low. You have to wait for a deal to pop up and jump on it right then. So far I've got HRC 04-05 superbike cams (mel-r10&11 part numbers), hrc superbike ecu, hrc valve springs, hrc style intake, and a set of hrc pistons (they may be clones, but they have a nice dome on them; should be 14.5:1 compression. If I don't get my turbo stuff, I will just put those parts on the hrc bike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Will regular fuel carry a high enough octane for 14.5 comp? You'd probably be able to run it on methanol - if it's allowed in The States.

5. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Just a simple welcome from me, hope you get the mail order issue sorted

6. run4cover

run4cover New Member

Thank you...I will just give them a call on Monday.

7. run4cover

run4cover New Member

According to some engine builders it will run on 93 octane pump fuel at 14.5+ compression...if I get detonation, I will map it on e85... I'm not sure what the sbk rules say as far as what fuel they are allowed to run, but I THINK it's pump fuel. R&D is something I enjoy, so we will see.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Jandy

Jandy Active Member

Hi and welcome hope you get sorted out fella ;)

9. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Hope you get all sorted, keep us in the loop on the build. Always good to see something different :)

10. karl wesley

karl wesley Active Member

welcome run

11. Fwsock

Fwsock Active Member

Welcome chap.

12. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !