New member with 2007 HRC Blade

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Fezza, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Fezza

Fezza Active Member

Same here... my last one started off there but was unreadable after 1000 miles, lol!

2. Fezza

Fezza Active Member

Righty, a quick question on something that's been bothering me... i've removed the under seat exhaust heat shielding but can i also remove this one circled in yellow? It stands out like a sore thumb imo. Will it melt anything if i do? Does it protect anything etc?

[​IMG]

3. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

I am sure I have seen someone put their's on a bolt near your left shin when seated on the bike, just inside the fairings...

Just look around. Any bolt on the left side will do, really...

I have also seen one on the chain guard bolt, but again, that would get ruined by riding in rain.

4. Fezza

Fezza Active Member

I reckon it's heading towards living in the seat hump somewhere, lol! Sorry officer, i took it off the other day to stop it getting wet and forgot to put it back on!

5. paul-b

paul-b Member

[​IMG]

This is mine Fezza...

As you may have seen when I bought it I only had heat tape around the exhast, I really didn't like it so I got the plastic cover (without the metal heatshield). After a while there were melt spots on the plastic. I decided to get a heatshield and a powerbronze carbon cover. The heatshield came from ebay £10 ... got it on and hated it!
    I agree with exactly what your saying, just seemed like the bit that hangs down below the footrest is a big lump of horrible cheap expossed metal , so I cut it off behind the foot rest (See pic). It does expose the bottom of the actual exhast which is/will discolour but this can polish up nicely.

I marked the line on the shield with it in situ and got the hacksaw on it, then filed in smooth. Personally I think it looks so much better but it is your call, remember once you've done it you can't go back so make sure your happy before you cut.. Although they are on ebay for a tenner...

As you can see on mine you can hardly see the heat shield but it has to be there to protect the plastic/carbon cover.

Good luck ...

Edit - I'll try and take some better pics, I still have the bit I sawed off ! Will have to be tomorrow though....

#85 paul-b, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Fezza you could always get it painted heatproof black that way wouldn't stand out

Paul I really want your exhaust

7. paul-b

paul-b Member

Just for you Martin .... :D
    [​IMG]

Fezza, this is what came off the exaust shield, I found looking at it from behind was the biggest eyesore in its standard state! ....
    [​IMG]

God my bikes grubby, the joys of everyday use...... gonna give it some proper TLC & lurve tomorrow.... :)

Edit ... Just noticed, i'm gonna have to touch up the red on my Jardine badge....

#87 paul-b, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  8. Fezza

Fezza Active Member

Excellent, cheers Paul, that's just what i wanted to hear. I'll have a look over the weekend and see what i can do, may try the heat proof paint first as that seems quite a good idea - i'm not great at cutting metal accurately!

Going to fit my integrated indicators tail light tonight, can't wait :)

9. Honda1964

Honda1964 Active Member

Welcome - Nice