New old boy here

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Barmbyblade, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Kent didn't get it all their own way Dave. They ended up with all the women. LOL.

2. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

:boink: .. oi

3. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Up here in Yorkshire we ended up with all the best roads, just goes to show you can't have it all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barmbyblade

Thanks for the welcome and comments chaps, judging by the gallery there's some great looking bikes on here, looking forward to meeting some of you one day out and about.

5. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

erm not ALL the best roads just some of them

6. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Get some pics of it fitted mate or better still an installation guide as i don't think there is a 04 to 07 strip down guide on here and guides has been asked for a few times
    I did my own on 05 blade, relatively simple once i had replaced the clamp with the seized bolt stuck in it- bloody expensive about £70 quid per half if I remember correctly!- make sure you soak it in wd40 before trying to undo!!!!

7. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Dead right jonny, we're not short of some cracking roads up here as well, but I will say the councils are spending f-ck all on resurfacing up here. Some are an absolute disgrace now, had a little blast last night came round a bend leant over and went straight over a hole. The bugger nearly had me off. Total disgrace.

8. Barmbyblade

I shall do my upmost to get some pics up of the install process as soon as I get the can from the suppliers, thanks for the tip with the siezed bolt

9. Barmbyblade

It's the same everywhere, councils strapped for cash because of budget cuts, despite this government receiving millions in road taxation it's been spent elsewhere I'm afraid... fooking joke!

10. Givover

Givover God Like

Give us an example of a good road and not to infested .Thanks Mike.

11. Barmbyblade

A684 from Hawes to Sedburgh, A683 to Kirkby Lonsdale...stopping at Devils Bridge for Bacon butty, all through the heart of the Yorkshire Dales

12. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I shall have to keep an eye out for you now as i live in whitby so i am also often down at the whistlestop

13. Barmbyblade

Shouldn't be difficult recognising a one eyed rider from Whitby, I was there today for a couple of hours.

#33 Barmbyblade, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  14. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

i am at work all week, might pop down on sunday if the weather holds good though

15. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Lovely bike, very clean. I fitted a Beowulf (good price, lifetime gaurantee and well made)to my rr5 it sounded great even with the baffle in, changed the air filters and did the flapper mod, mid range gain was really noticable. If you get stuck with the exhaust change I used this write up on-
    http://hardracing.com/CBR1000Exhaust.htm

16. Barmbyblade

Two good reason why unfortunately I won't be there this weekend, one, I'm on nights all week including Sat & Sun, two, I believe the weather doesn't look promising but thanks anyway, I'll be sure to let you know if I'm headed that way for a bimble

17. Barmbyblade

Thanks for the comments and heads up on the hardracing exhaust change, I'm pretty handy swinging a wrench and socket and hopefully won't come across any major problems but any information or instructions are always helpfull and very much appreciated, Thanks again Shameless.