New potential Owner advice

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Smeddle88, Apr 3, 2020.

1. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Personally I would avoid superbike factory. I’ve heard a lot of negative reports from them. Not saying all bikes there are lemons but a lot seem to be. They are webuyanybike so you can imagine the shit they get.

I have heard some positive reviews BUT you need to go in knowing what you’re looking at.

I have no first hand experience though so just going off what’s on the grapevine rightly or wrongly.
    First one looks good and being private note haggle room :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Agree with that, but the first one is a dealer

3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

First one if any. As said 2nd is ABS snd not worth the risk, ditto 3rd being from Superbike Factory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

My bad! Didn’t look too closely :(

• Like Like x 2
  5. Smeddle88

Smeddle88 New Member

That’s great advice thank you. I understand the colour might be a personal taste as I love the black look, hence the selection. My gut isn’t it is the first one too...

6. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Each to their own mate colour wise, black looks good and some members have some beautiful black ones. I went for 2011 HRC as they only did the livery for one year and also everyone agrees HRC livery is fastest (@Selmer50mark will confirm this)
    :D;):)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Smeddle88

Smeddle88 New Member

Instinct*, I also think there is some haggle room, I’m lucky to be in a position where I’m working so I think the current climate it’s 100% a buyers advantage at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Just a quick note. If you get it from a dealer, And you don’t need it ASAP (before lockdown ends) wait for delivery until lockdown ends, your warranty will start from that point. Also note with regards to buying from a dealer, always get a fresh mot out on as part of a deal even if there is 9 months remaining, reason being any work will have to be done before you accept delivery for it to have an mot. Mine had 6 months left but needed new discs and pads in the front saving me a £250-300 bill at the start of this season :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Smeddle88

Smeddle88 New Member

Very good point thank you, it has a MOT until June however they said they would provide with 12 months however currently cannot do it (current restrictions etc) so beat would be to pay deposit and wait untill after lockdown for delivery like you said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Very good advice Liam :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Learnt the hard way before mate; I’m not a mechanic so generally look for signs a bikes been looked after and go from there. Was lucky with my RR7 as bought it private with only 2 months mot left and she flew starlight through with no advisery’s :) played the its only £30 for an MOT and costs you nothing but gives me another £30 off card. Always use it as a deal clincher :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Smeddle88

Smeddle88 New Member

How does the new lockdown 6 months mot grace work also?

13. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Any that are due after March 30th are now not due until September 30th

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Smeddle88

Smeddle88 New Member

Cool, he said he’s going to look around to get it MOT’d as I was quite clear in my reply. Sounds like a good potential buy, I’ll keep you updated, thank you again for the advice, especially regarding ‘superbikefactory’

• Like Like x 1
  15. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

As @mk3golfcab said earlier - you might as well wait until the end of lockdown for it. Put a deposit down with your credit card if it feel this is the one but make it subject to your seeing it at a later date. If then seeing it confirms all’s good, by then they should be easily able to get it mot’d and if anything shows up get it sorted prior to you paying the balance/collecting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Just to add if you’re not in a great rush to get one at the moment, I suspect there will be plenty on the market when the new Blade starts shipping.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Marc

Marc Active Member

Would be an easy one for me that, the RR7 every time. I am biased though as I own an RR6 (with circa 22k miles on). Had it for about 18 months now, few niggles initially but that was mainly due to previous owner neglect as oppose to the bike not being able to cope with the mileage.

Looks are very much a personal thing but I think the 08 Blade is a hideous looking motorcycle, almost like it's been ridden into a brick wall at 45mph and left as is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Smeddle88

Smeddle88 New Member

Finally did it! After much searching and research ( thank you for the steer), plus this isolation rubbish I’ve finally taken the plunge and had my new (to me) RR8 blade delivered today, I went for the 12k, very tidy 08 blade with a new service and MOT, plus plenty of history - of course I also conveniently needed to do a essential food shop to the local supermarket for our little one!
    Also, it’s been a few years since owning my 675, anything essential I need to get ASAP apart from some chai lube (what would you recommend), paddock stand and engine oil (again best for a 08?)
    Also it came with this keyfob remote thing (see photo) but no idea what it is or does, can anyone advise?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Can't decide if that keyfob thing is an alarm/tracker thing or a breathalyser.

New bike looks good though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Hello and welcome, nice bike