New to Forum, New Purchase...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Rizzo, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Rizzo

Rizzo Active Member

Good Evening,

just joined up... I've recentley purchased my 8th Fireblade following a short stint away.

A year ago I convinced myself I wanted a Ducati, consequently I purchased a 1098s and then a new 1198 base model. Both are pretty Bikes to look at and fantastic to ride when the road suits. However, Short runs in meduim traffic became very unenjoyable for all the reasons I'm sure you've all either heard about or indeed even experienced. The mirrors are a waist of time and the fuel range only 80 miles to a tank, which can seriously start to p.... you off on a long run!

Anyway without boring you further I've migrated back home to the Blade and I'm loving even running it in. I've purchased a new HRC 2010 model.
    Previously I sold a 2009 Repsol Blade a A costly mistake as about 10 months ago I sold all my bits again, ASV's, Hugger, Screen Yoshi etc etc, Believe it or not that was the second time I'd purchased and sold the accessories as I had a red & black 2008 model prior to the Repsol sold that and bought a 675 Street Triple...another moment of madness! Guess what, I'm in the process of purchasing them all again, however, this time I will buy a second hand can.

Glad to back! Looking forward to the new 2012 model....

I'm in the process of fitting some SES Rearsets, however, don't seem to have a bolt or means to fasten the brake side rearset to the exhaust hanger on the original exhaust. I would appreciate any advice from anyone in the know please? Many Thanks

2. Brym

Brym Active Member

Hi welcome

I am glad I did not go down the Ducati route then had a go on one around Cadwell loved the stable handling and the twin noise, loooks. Glad I have the Blade its a better everyday road bike & plenty quick enough.

Keep an eye out on ebay I picked up a Carbon Yoshi for £280.
    Not familiar with the SES rearsets but put up some pictures in the mods,accesories section sure we can help out

3. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum mate. Can fix or make brackets for most things , but gonna need some piccies first???

4. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Welcome to the site :)

5. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Welcome

Hope you decide to hang on to this bike a bit longer!

The bolt you require is a shorter m12 by 20mm or so. I just used one I had lying around with a nyloc nut and it was perfect. Use an Allen head to make it easier to tighten and to keep it matching

You could possible re use the old bolt if it doesn't have a shoulder on it but can't remember what it looked Kim to be honest.

[​IMG]

6. Rizzo

Rizzo Active Member

Hi, Thanks
    I've just realised that seemingly 2 sites/forums are linked, 100rr.co.uk and Fireblade.org?

I sent you a reply to the other site re the pivot part on the rearset. I guess you mean the u shaped bracket that fits on a spindle, it comes down from the master cylinder. You have probably guessed I'm pretty useless in terms of technical ability!

Thanks, I like your can, I'm pondering what to do re purchasing one.

7. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Hi

The forums aren't linked but I replied to both just so you definitely picked up my reply.

Yes that's the part I meant. Not sure what it's called but you know what I mean. It has to be removed by stripping down the OE rearsets. It's just a case of removing a circlip to gain enough room to get it off.

As for the can I can recommend Leo vince. I'm pretty pleased with mine. Not as good a fit as akrapovice but a fraction ifthe cost and Leo vince give great gains on the blade

Plus the carbon panel makes it look great too.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

welcome to the forum

9. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Welcome to the forum :)

10. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

2010 HRC Top choice :)

11. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member