New v4 Engine

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Barstewardsquad, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Well it's Ducati and not Honda, but sure it will sound fantastic, somehow Italian bikes manage to do so even with the Euro restrictions.

Sadly Honda is left on the dock as another boat sails into the distance.

2. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

I agree, Honda no longer leads but follows. Can't see the price of the Ducati making it available to most of us though !

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

They have stated the v4 pani will be same price as current twin...

The twin is now too expensive to produce with the power requirements of the latest competition.... and racing them at power needed means they are destroying too many engines. Hence the v4 actually being more robust and cheaper alternative.

Apparently anyway.

I for one am quite excited about this bike and waiting to see what this is like at the end of the year before I buy a new bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Will be interesting to see what they do with the smaller 959 panigale as the 1299 will become 1000cc v4 if it's to fit into racing specs

Leave the 959 as a twin or make it as smaller v4 alternative? Perhaps 750 or 800cc

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Personally I think they will keep them twins for the 'Ducati experience' and branding purposes.

The 959 is a great little bike so why change, as I understand it the v4 is all about economy and competitiveness and tbh the 959 isn't in a class so why change

• Old Old x 1
  6. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

So what will Ducati plan to race in WSB or BSB, the v4 ? That may mean a cheaper road version and a SP exotica version for racing. I agree the 959 is in a class of its own at the moment and as a twin its unique, hope they keep it in the line up.
    I wish Honda would do a v4 1000, Tuono styly ! !

7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

V twin will stay racing until 2019....new V4 may also be a 1200s spec as well as normal 1000....going to wait until November to see what it's like at the Milan show looking at the spy shots still has a great front face but wider which will be a good thing ....price 19k plus I expect but if they get it right it could be a winner...