New Yoshi and road pilot 4's

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Buzznuts, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Buzznuts

Buzznuts New Member

After fitting an set of road pilot 4's (highly reccomend) and a Yoshi rs-5 slip on I have to say that its been like riding a new bike today and has improved my confidence to go a little harder with great grip and Smooth power to rear wheel with a sweet sound soundtrack to top it all off! 20170702_151359.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. gcon45

gcon45 Active Member

Looking sweet David!

3. Chance Hooper

Chance Hooper New Member

I've got an RS-5 on my RR7 and the local MOT place was adamant it wasn't legal (despite not being labeled "track only" and the law only stating it has to be reasonably quiet based on the opinion of the tester, NOT any sort of decibel meter), so I have had to fit the stock can for the re-test. Did you have any issues, or are you going down the same route as me?

4. Buzznuts

Buzznuts New Member

My mot tester is a biker so I have no issues fortunately, however the exhaust came with a yoshi baffle insert which Ifitted out of personal curiosity when I first put this on, and it does make a massive audible difference.
    My advice would be to join some local biker groups in your region abd ask who they use there has to ve at least 1 biker friendly tester in amongst them all!

5. Buzznuts

Buzznuts New Member

When i say biker grouos I mean on facebook, there good for advice buying/selling and banter

6. Chance Hooper

Chance Hooper New Member

Yeah, think that's a good shout. Necessity meant I had to use a Yamaha main dealer, so there is no likelihood of them erring on the side of "it's a bit loud" and getting a bollocking from VOSA. To be honest, it's not too much work to swap the pipes over, but I'd rather avoid if I could in future. I'll also look at sourcing the baffle insert as it seems a bit hit and miss as to whether RS-5 owners get one or not.