Newish member from south staffs

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mrbarry, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

I joined the forum some time ago but have never posted. I’m more of a lurker. I thought I should introduce my self and add a couple of pictures of my bike.

I have had the bike 6 years and it has been flawless. It’s now worth more than I paid due to inflation so you can’t ask for much more can you. I have done nothing what so ever apart from ride and service her, oh new rubber last season. I am now looking at a remap to smooth out the fueling at some point this winter.

The bike has some nice bits bolted on, full Yoshimura system head back, tail tidy, hugger, engine protectors, carbon heal guards and tank infills etc, hell braided lines, DB black screen, adjustable levers, number board, mushrooms, venture shield paint protection, kato racing hooks, LED indicators, K&N. More I’ve missed I expect.

I am competent but class my self as a learing rider, I’m no track attack expert! Mostly due to my only covering 1200-1500 miles most years. I know I need to ride more. My wife has a near stock CBR400F4i so we should both get on them more!!

Couple of pictures:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Hi and welcome to the forum - nice bike, you don't see many in the candy red :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

4. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Welcome.

5. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome !

6. Mrbarry

Mrbarry Active Member

Thanks all.
    I like the bike, I know it’s personal we all like something different, but I wouldn’t change much looks wise. I would like the later spec wheels from around 2012 onwards, might swap them one day if a set come up. I would also like a gear indicator to save me hunting for 7th on the motorway. And yeah I could bolt one on, I like the way they are integral on later spec bikes however. I would buy a newer bike if I rode more but it’s just an ornament most of the time.
    I love cars and bikes alike, my next purchase later this year will be a BMW M2 competition. Cars are better in the wet and cold haha. And modern cars are QUICK!