NHS heros

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dessp2, Apr 12, 2020.

1. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Spygoat I am sure will agree as he is ex Military like me. Military personnel hate being called heroes We are not worthy of that title or accept it. The only heroes are the ones who do not come back from a military operation. The health workers at the moment are real heroes. They are on the front line and should be thoroughly supported (which in my opinion is everybody’s duty during difficult times we have a civil duty to support them like you would the infantry in conflict). They are being failed by their equivalent overpaid Generals at the moment (lack of PPE to do the job) but still turn up for work and crack on. I actually think after this is over they should march past the cenotaph in London every November to remember their fallen heroes. The Doctors and Nurses who have paid the ultimate price. Those Doctors/ Nurses should be awarded VCs and Mentioned in dispatches for bravery.

#1 dessp2, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

The award would have to be the George Cross not the VC. There are probably a few NHS staff that could fit the criteria to be awarded the George Cross at the end of all this. VC is exclusively reserved for service personnel who have shown extreme valour in the face of the enemy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Naz

Naz Active Member

They certainly are heroes and what I would like to see is an immediate increase in payment to assist them with their daily costs for living. It shouldn’t be a case of we will take a look at it later, pay them now as no one knows if they will be here tomorrow. Long term the gov can put a proper proposal to all nhs and other frontline workers but it has to be a serious raise one to attract and retain staff and give them the sense that they are valued and won’t have to struggle to make ends meet

• Like Like x 1
  4. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Stop making them pay to park at work too, bloody car parking companies :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Naz

Naz Active Member

Definitely, why did they even decide to charge them completely ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

For the same reason that Nottingham Council tax people on parking spaces at work, they want the money, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

They don’t pay for parking at the Norfolk & Norwich hospital
    the fees have been waved. Didnt realise other hospitals were not doing the same

8. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

They pay at Treliske down here in Cornwall, and it is a fair walk aswell ..