Non fault insurance.....loss of amenity.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by exuptoy, Mar 15, 2019.

1. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Interesting insurance issue for loss of amenity in a non fault accident. CLICK HERE

May be handy for someone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. T.C

T.C Elite Member

It is all par for the course in an injury claim.

I had a client who went to the far east every year. Because of the increased threat of DVT he could not fly cattle class and so in order to prevent the loss of amenity it was agreed that his flight seats with greater leg room should be upgraded to business class.

This was approved for something like 2 return trips a year for 20 years and also allowed for increased costs and inflation.

WD are just stating what every PI Lawyer should be/will be telling their clients.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Nothing new. If you do a search here you will see that I have covered this particular subject several times in the past as it is one of my pet hates and I ave seen too many riders ripped off over the years and they have only found out when it is too late.. It becomes particularly relevant when using a claims management company but some law firms and insurers are just as guilty..

There are many stories of riders being being hit with a hire bill that is twice the value of their compensation award.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, thanks. I knew I'd read similar and was racking my brain to wonder whether I'd dreamt it or had finally succumbed to dementia.;)

6. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Cheers @T.C nice to have your input on here. The voice of experience is always appreciated.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

• Like Like x 1