Not a Fireblade owner - yet

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Sossige, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Morning all -

Hope you don't mind me joining and "baggsying" my username in advance :)

I don't have a Fireblade yet, but will end up having a similar route to one as Remal.

I'm 36, did my DAS a few years ago, followed by the DSA ERS, then my IAM bike test. Bought a 600 Hornet as my first "big bike" and then after a year decided to shop around for something else after I had a bit of experience under my tyres!

Took a week off work and test rode anything I could get the keys to. It was one of the best weeks of my life! :D

In the end the decision came down to the Fireblade, Street Triple R and the Speed Triple. Decided the Street Triple was too similar to the Hornet, depsite it being more fun than something which was a lot of fun. The Fireblade was discounted - I loved it, but just felt that after only a year of riding it was too much, too soon and I wanted something to "look forward to" rather than just jumping straight onto a 1000cc superbike.

The Speed Triple won the contest - I love the looks, love the sounds it makes even more and I grin like a lunatic even just looking at it.

I do want to get a Blade at some point - maybe next year or sometime after. The Speed Triple needs a bit more use before I ever part with it, as it was a brand new 09 plater and I've only put 1300 miles on it! Every one of those has been a riot though, it's an amazing bike!

Anyway, that's enough of my ramblings! Hello :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Welcome to the mad house Dan. I have a stalker lol

After the speed triple mate you will love the blade. I was worried for the first 100 miles i would miss the triple but now and glad I have the blade. wind protection, acceleration, comfy. almost everything is better. But still loved my old Speed triple. And would have one along side my blade in my 3 bike garage

3. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

You've only just realised? Acually, I'm president of the Remal fan club. We do a nifty range of orange merchandise as well :D

Anyway, who's Dan? :p

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

feck den lol, slip of the fingers . sorry bud. and thanks. And I knew for ages lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The fireblade is a great bike and still a top selling bike each year. You won't be dissapointed in the switch to a fireblade!

6. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Remal fan club/ stalker group you southerners need to get out on the blades more:Banane59::frusty:

• Like Like x 1
  7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Sossige.

Great intro, lot's of info. Bit worried about the Remal worship, he's gonna need a bigger helmet soon. LOL, and the only reason we don't ride our bikes more down here is that we're not as afraid they'll get knicked if we park them.

When the time comes to get your 'Blade you'll wonder why you waited. It's such a forgiving bike to ride, it's easy to forget the 'one liter Ferrari eater' tag. I jumped 90 bhp to mine and it's still less hassle to live with than it's predecessor.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Ken

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

like Ken said it's just so dam easy to ride. I tested a few bikes including the BMW 1000RR and preferd the blade

9. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

I do remember that the Blade I test rode was very predictable and compliant. The only time I was caught unawares was upon my first application of the front brakes, which were rather good ;)

As I say, plenty of life left in the Triple yet, but do want a Blade at some point!

10. Caz

Caz Active Member

Hello and welcome along from another noob.. glad to see I'm not the only one that joined without actually owning a blade yet [​IMG]

11. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum mate. Great name lol.. Be warned , the forum is the most addictive on the net

12. Si.

Si. God Like

The speed triple is one of my fave bikes ever... Great engine with loads of torque..and can embarrass a litre sport bike on the road... I would have one as a second bike, no question... I was contemplating it instead of a blade, but the lack of fairing was a no no.

#12 Si., Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Thanks all. As I say, a Fireblade will happen one day! In the meantime, this is my Speed Triple - photo taken when we actually had some sunshine!

[​IMG]

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Lovely but the Zard looks better ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:dirol:

15. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

But you went and ruined it all with rim tape :p ;)

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

the bottom pic had the old tape the top 2 had the new tape

and looks much better

yet to fit rim tape to the blade

17. Si.

Si. God Like

I like rim tape... had some on my old bike:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Givover

Givover God Like

I quite like the Tape it tricks the wheels up.

19. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I like rim tape , gives the wheel a finishing touch.. Cant find a colour for our wheels thou Si . Any suggestions ?

20. Si.

Si. God Like

I've no idea mate...i think gold may suit a black??