Number 3 cylinder problem

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by mickey, May 31, 2019.

1. mickey

mickey New Member

hi all been haveing some running problems with my 05 CBR1000RR I originally killed a plug so I changed all the plugs and it lacked power in the low revs I first thought it was because i de-catted it so got a Dynojet fitted and still not quite right I’m just about to do a compression test but I started it just too check if the down pipes the old squirt water on them test first and found cylinder 3 is not getting as hot as the others and this is the cylinder which had the burned out plug in so I’m thinking piston rings or could I be wrong .....what’s ur thoughts or have you had this problem any help is very much appreciated

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Probably not getting enough fuel in which suggests an injector problem. If you've got good spark the fuel will burn. If it's not as hot in No 3, it's far more likely to be injector than valves.

3. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

That could be a number of things. The question would be why did the plug die in the first place. Do you have a picture of the failed plug? Did it look different to the others?
    Best doing the compression test to rule out a defective piston, rings, valves etc. Could also be something like the injector(s) not delivering enough fuel in that cylinder.

4. mickey

mickey New Member

No don’t have the plug as I binned it if it’s a Injecter would it be the pilot one or main injecter